More threads by Monica Simpson

Reaction score
Hi so this is probably a very basic question. I was on Fiverr looking for another service and typed in Local SEO out of curiosity. Here was one of the results for someone who can do Local SEO for $5 (or more)

What I'm wondering is when they say they can fix 16 citations for $5, sure thats a teaser. But then they claim to fix 80 listings for $25 and 160 for a premium rate of $50.

If you set up the GMB does it automatically update a certain number of sites that are connected? Wondering how 160 places is even possible manually. I usually have 20 tops and those ones update onto other sites. Thank you so much for your patience with this answer.

Hi so this is probably a very basic question. I was on Fiverr looking for another service and typed in Local SEO out of curiosity. Here was one of the results for someone who can do Local SEO for $5 (or more)

What I'm wondering is when they say they can fix 16 citations for $5, sure thats a teaser. But then they claim to fix 80 listings for $25 and 160 for a premium rate of $50.

If you set up the GMB does it automatically update a certain number of sites that are connected? Wondering how 160 places is even possible manually. I usually have 20 tops and those ones update onto other sites. Thank you so much for your patience with this answer.

Hello there,

When setting up a Google My Business listing it does not update other citation sites.

There are services like Yext that can do this automatically and quickly for you on a large number of sites. If they have enough listings at companies like Yext, they can get a bulk discount rate and afford to charge $50 to submit a business on your behalf. But services like Yext charge a monthly charge.

Otherwise, if they are doing it manually I’d guess they are ok with not charging a lot of money or are outsourcing it to more affordable employees / contractors.

They're basically taking your info and submitting it to a bunch of local business directories and then even sites that aren't local business directories. I've seen "business listings" on issuu for example that were just them typing a business name, address, phone, and website into a personal page profile.

Do it through a more reputable service. It will get done correctly.

There are services like Yext that can do this automatically and quickly for you on a large number of sites. If they have enough listings at companies like Yext, they can get a bulk discount rate and afford to charge $50 to submit a business on your behalf. But services like Yext charge a monthly charge.
I've had the opportunity to use a client's Yext dashboard and found it amazing how fast the citations were changed.

A few years ago I did these manually, and our company has tried a few other services. From my experience, there are a lot of sites that are extremely difficult to get corrections on, that Yext can do with no difficulty. They seem to have made deals to the point of nearly monopolizing the field.

I've had the opportunity to use a client's Yext dashboard and found it amazing how fast the citations were changed.

A few years ago I did these manually, and our company has tried a few other services. From my experience, there are a lot of sites that are extremely difficult to get corrections on, that Yext can do with no difficulty. They seem to have made deals to the point of nearly monopolizing the field.

Yext only has exclusive deals with much smaller directories. All of the bigger directories still have a self service option. And even with that, almost all directories Yext submits to have a self service option as well.

And in the past, Yext has locked you into continuously paying with them or they'd yank your data.

I chatted with a Yext salesperson recently and they said that's no longer the case.

I don't know if that's true or not (too bad Yext doesn't participate in this forum).

Many Fiverrs or low cost citation companies do a horrendous job and will almost certainly cost a business customers. As a directory, we have to fix or reject their sloppy work all the time.

Actually, I got a really nice vinyl decal sign for the plate glass door at my old home care agency office. For $5. That was pretty great. That was the last good thing I got from Fiverr.

I'm using Fiverr and Upwork for services. The idea being that with the money saved I'll be able to spend some more on SEO but now I have run out so will not be spending any on SEO as I've spent it all on a new website yet to be finished and a new logo and style guide that I'm still waiting for. After that experience I think I'll just do it all myself from now on like I always have. If you want something done well do it yourself I say. I have bills to pay.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom