More threads by helloworld

Reaction score
Howdy folks,

I’m an SEO for 10+ years just to preface this. I originally tried posting this on reddit SEO sub but they deleted it.

Recently, I have been testing AI websites and I asked one tool to create 1000 pages for a SEO/webdesign company. The domain is used is partial/exact match cctld so it includes SEO and webdesign in the domain. It created the main pages that you would expect:

• seo
  • web design
  • graphic design.

Etc etc

It then had the option for locality pages. So I added them as well. By locality I mean town/suburb.

So URL would be domain.com/townname

The actual content on that page has nothing to do with SEO or webdesign it is more local information such as things to do, places to eat, local attractions etc etc

Above the footer it inner links to the core menu pages I posted above.

question: what are the point of these pages? What is the actual methodology behind these localised pages. Is it to improve Google map rankings ? (there’s no gmb for this site as it’s not real).

I have heard local SEOs (mostly Americans) suggest this strategy in the past, like years ago. But even more recently at a conference last year.

Typically when I come across a job where the business, let’s say a painter has added blogs about local attractions I have gone and deleted them and replaced them with more relevant content like “best time to paint a house”.

As mentioned and in this particular case, the domain I used was partial match. So certain pages are now ranking at top of Google for “SEO town name”.

But I assume this is not the intent of these pages. I should note, no other optimisations have been done other than what the AI implemented. ie no meta but inner linking done.

Are you asking what is the point of service area/localised pages? Or just the point of the pages YOU created?

Service area pages work to help businesses rank organically in areas they serve that they do not have a physical location, which is common for most service area based businesses. Service Area Pages SEO: Learn How To Use Local SEO for Service Area Businesses with Examples!

I am not sure what is the point of the pages you had AI create, but if they rank for “SEO town name” then I assume there is very little to no competition in those areas for that term, and thus Google decided to rank your pages as the website they are on is relevant to the topic SEO. If they stay ranking for long is a mystery.

Are you asking what is the point of service area/localised pages? Or just the point of the pages YOU created?

this is an example of the localised page
Code:
https://seowebdesign.com.au/westgarth-melbourne/
that the AI created.

I would not normally create this type of general page for a niche business. However, numerous gurus have before.

It if ranks now is one thing. Will it rank long term AND convert users into customers? That's a whole other ballgame that I don't think this strategy will work for.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom