JacobPuhl

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just checking to see if anyone else has come across localeze no longer catering to free listings. We wrote some details here.. curious to hear anyone else's experience the past few days? Important Citation Website Localeze No Longer Free |

As some know, localeze has been having many issues lately.

See forum here: http://localsearchforum.catalystemarketing.com/local-search/5517-localeze-problem.html

... and Phil's post and comments here: LocalEze Category List | LocalVisibilitySystem.com

Interesting ...

JacobPuhl

Reaction score
Our powers combined! :)

I don't see it as a huge deal to boot. The way continues to be managing each and every citation listing manually and individually, as tedious as it is...

---------- Post Merged at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:47 PM --------

mblumenthal

LocalU Faculty
Reaction score
In the US, Localeze is a critical primary listing source. It has a great deal of reach and because they verify the listings in their database, their data is highly trusted in the industry. As such it shows up on places that you might not think or have trouble claiming. It is also the source of bad data for the ecosystem and particularly Google.

That being said, their change in policy is not really a change in policy. Localeze has never verified free listings that used VOIP or cell phones. IE they only verified free listings that they could "see" via their technology, that is land lines. Now they have made that explicit.

Thus if a business had a voip or cell number before they needed to pay and if they do now they need to pay. Thus not much change in the reality.

What is crazy is Localeze's bizarre pricing scheme that makes claiming a one off listing so expensive.

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
I've never been clear on exactly where LocalEze's data comes from originally (i.e. "the technology they can 'see'," as you put it, Mike). I'm pretty sure that - like InfoGroup - it's a combination of phone companies, government biz-registration documents, and directories like YP. But I've always been very hazy on the specifics. IMHO, it would be very cool to do a "blown-up" version of David's Ecosystem, which would zoom in on LocalEze and InfoGroup and their sources (if any non-employees know them).

mblumenthal

LocalU Faculty
Reaction score
Localeze's core technology is the ability to "see" data moving through phone switches. So they know if a phone number is real and actively being used or is dead. How they match that up with real businesses I do not know but I assume that they have a telco deal of some sort.

Thus their strength is auto verifying active land lines. If a user has a VOIP or mobile phone, it won't show automatically in their system so it needs to be manually verified and thus the charge.

Historically, InfoGroup scanned the printed Yellowpages for their source material.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
iwebresults Neustar/Localeze True Identity service Citations 3
billbean Multiple Localeze Listings Local Search 1
G Database Downloads... Localeze vs. Factual vs. ??? Consultant's Corner 1
Tim Sweeney Become A Local Listing Expert With Localeze? Consultant's Corner 1
Scott ClientClicks MozLocal - How long for Acxiom and Localeze? Local Search 1
A Moz Local vs Localeze vs Yext vs... Citations 11
M Localeze Free Update vs Paid True Identity Citations 2
Nikki Brown Localeze Update Local SEO Tools & Software 3
jason2004 Is Neustar/Localeze worth $297/ Local Search 13
eestrada234 Reclaim ownership of Localeze listing Local Search 4
JoshuaMackens Localeze Distribution Recycle Bin 0
Linda Buquet Trends Shaping Local Search in 2013 - Free Webinar by comScore, Localeze, 15Miles Local Search 1
Chris Ratchford LocalEze- Channel Partner Program- Yay or Nay Local Search 20
travelincat Localeze problem Local Search 1
Chris Ratchford Localeze Enhanced Listing? Local Search 20
djbaxter Google’s Gary Illyes: Stick to SEO Basics Organic SEO 4
Garrett Sussman How To Get Business Reviews: Back to Basics Local Reviews 0
djbaxter LINDA - vBModern newsletter installed and basic options set Admin Stuff 69
JoyHawkins Can Yext Remove Basic Yahoo Listings? Citations 9
fixascrew Back to basics Local Search 4
B A few basic questions Google Local 101 4
Linda Buquet ▶ Google Video: Mobile Site Basics for SMBs - Google Mobile Testing Tools Mobile & Social 0
J Verifying Yahoo Basic Listings as an agency Local Search 2
A Yahoo Basic Local Listings Local Search 5
RobinOctane UBL Basic vs UBL Essential Difference? Local Search 2
Linda Buquet Local Search Basics Training Course - On-Demand Local Search 0
Linda Buquet Last Call: Local Search Basics Training Local Search 0
Linda Buquet New Local Search Basics Training Course Local Search 7
Hammer GMB listing, can't find out who owns or request access All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 3
W Remove Listing Google Local 101 0
Collin "Delete this listing" vs "Remove listing" Google Duplicates & Merges 2
Hammer Site manager trying to get listing ownership All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 6
J Getting Rid of Incorrect Highlights in GMB mobile listing ( highlights you can't update on back end ) Google My Business & Google Maps 1
A Old listing reflects the wrong information - But there's a twist. Google Duplicates & Merges 1
JoyHawkins Get Live Inventory Displayed on Your Google My Business Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 6
greenworld_ Adding a new location extension for a separate GMB listing Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
M Removing old GMB listing from previous owner of premises Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Professor M New Local European Local listing removals Process Google My Business & Google Maps 1
1 GMB Listing Disabled after updating address... Google My Business & Google Maps 12
TriciaClements 3 Businesses - how to handle GMB listings for SAB? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
M Bar within hotel appearing in place of main hotel listing Help & Support for Google Local 6
Scott Rawlins GMB Listing in Greece Google My Business & Google Maps 4
RobertCarnitas GMB Spam for 'Located In' business - Does it affect the GMB listing for the business that is located inside it? Spam on Google 3
G Internet marketing company and map listings? Help & Support for Google Local 4
D New GMB listing possible due to acquisition of company? Service Area Businesses 3
Elmer .S How to delete duplicate Claimed listings on Yelp? Citations 5
L Multiple Listing Against Guidelines? Multi-Location Issues 4
Jen Currier Would you set up an Architect client with a Hybrid/SAB GMB listing if the location was residential? Service Area Businesses 2
Colan Nielsen NEW Claim your listing on BrightLocal's Agency Directory: Get in front of relevant customers and win leads LSF News and Announcements 3
TriciaClements Realtor Listings Google My Business & Google Maps 14