More threads by valentinb13

Reaction score
I know you cannot specifically choose which photos will display in search/maps — but is there a way to "manipulate" things so certain photos are more (or less) prominent? Has anyone had success trying to get specific photos to show up as opposed to others?

Client has his headshot and logo — but the images that regularly show are the inside of his practice. They are good photos, just not anything special and he would prefer his profile pic to be what people see when they search. My instinct is to remove the photos, and re-upload them so they appear to have less views or are less popular than the headshot/logo images he'd prefer. Any advice/guidance? I'm not looking to delete photos completely and we have nformed him we cannot control what photos Google has decided to display prominently.

I have seen people successfully bury unflattering photos of the “business” (Fedex store PO box) by uploading literally hundreds of other garbage graphics. Original photo can’t even be seen now.

I have seen people successfully bury unflattering photos of the “business” (Fedex store PO box) by uploading literally hundreds of other garbage graphics. Original photo can’t even be seen now.

This client would definitely not want that -- and truth be there's nothing unflattering about the photo that is appearing it's just not branded/special — it's simply a nice photo of his waiting area. He wants his vanity/profile photo to appear. I've reset the cover photo, the logo, added newer "vanity" type photos, even tried the Ben Fisher trick of creating the Google business site, editing the header image and nothing — cannot get the desired photo to pop up. I have notified the client that we do not have much control over what Google chooses to display, we've also considered deleting the existing (and reuploading) the existing photos to try to change their view counts. But was hoping there was some other trick/hack to get a preferred photo up there.

What is the photo that's displaying currently showing? Can you get a photo of that thing (whatever it is) but better quality?

It's not the photo is poor quality, it's that the main pic is just his waiting room and it's not his branding — and to be honest I think it's mostly a vanity thing — he would like his personal photo to show in the primary spot:

1657196890054.jpg

In the future, you need to blur the category and area. I was able to find the business profile. I did notice that the address is wrong as you are not allowed to have the building in the address. This could prevent you from being to get help from support if an issue arose. I was able to get the address updated for you.

Since the photo was uploaded by the owner, you can delete it, but there is no way to tell what photo Google will choose to replace it. Google will never choose a branding photo. They will choose photos that show the business, either interior or exterior of the building.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom