More threads by Bryan Bloom

Bryan Bloom

Reaction score
So I know @JoyHawkins and others have done a great job of explaining how you can report a listing to Google through the "edit listing" and report a listing. For example, we have the situation for a San Diego client where his competitors put their company name like this - "ABC Moving - San Diego", or something similar where we know the name does NOT include the city in it. But with the city the appear higher up.

I reported this to Google and none of the edits were taken, all rejected. What is the best or proper way to report a listing that is doing this - name is not correct and used only to spam. Thanks!

Hey Bryan,

If you want to create a thread over at the GMB forum, I'd be happy to escalate it for you.

Bryan,

It got flagged as spam due to all the links :rolleyes:. I unflagged it and escalated it. I'll post on that thread when I hear back.

Bryan,

It got flagged as spam due to all the links :rolleyes:. I unflagged it and escalated it. I'll post on that thread when I hear back.

OMG sorry about that! Tried to be as complete as possible. Thanks again @JoyHawkins fingers crossed with this. I had no idea HOW much spam there was.. I think in one of the many podcasts you did you spoke on this. Crazy!!

@JoyHawkins -if you create a logo and name the business to include the city within your website, that would pass the scrutiny of an audit right? I know Google doesn't actually look at the legal filing of the business itself so if you 'brand' your business with the name you're safe I assume.

Depends. If outside signs or signs in the office don't match the logo, Google might not accept it.

@JoyHawkins -if you create a logo and name the business to include the city within your website, that would pass the scrutiny of an audit right? I know Google doesn't actually look at the legal filing of the business itself so if you 'brand' your business with the name you're safe I assume.

Google may look at it if someone reports it and cites the Secretary of State listing. What do you think @JoyHawkins?

The legal filing with the Secretary of State doesn't trump real-life signs and branding. Google kinda considers it as a DBA. Maybe their official name is X but in real life their customers know them as XYZ.

Bryan,

Joy, are there other tips you would suggest as to what to include (and not) when reporting spam cases on the GMB Forum?

Hey Jim,

You actually can no longer report spam on the forum. You have to use the Redressal form.

Thanks for the reminder, Joy. I finally remembered that announcement from late February and found the link on another post here. Submitted the "problem child" and am looking forward to what transpires.

Hope you're well and your trip home from Dana Point was less eventful than your trip here.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom