More threads by Annika Neudecker

Reaction score
Hi everyone, got a bit of a weird one for you all.

On Sunday, GSC flagged an error on our development subdomain pointing to a possible hack. Shortly after, the GMB links to our main website, which has no direct connection to the subdomain, vanished from all of our 1000+ listings. The URLs were in the dashboard, they just weren't pushing through to the live listings anymore. We were able to correct the security issue and remove the hacked pages from our site on Tuesday, and by Wednesday our GMB website links had returned.

As of this morning the links have vanished again and there's no flags in GSC indicating any issues. We're a bit baffled as to what's going on. We recently switched our local listings provider to Yext and we have had a few listings issues crop up around that switch, so I'm not sure if that might have something to do with it. Any suggestions of where to look to solve the issue would be helpful.

Hey Annika,

I would take a close look at the listings in Yext to see if that is the issue. I assume you have Yext connected to your GMB listings? We have seen several cases where Yext data was different from the GMB data and when it pushed to GMB it changed information there.

I'd also contact GMB support or start a thread at the GMB Forum if you haven't already.

Update to resolve this: Our SEO agency contacted Google and was able to get through. Google informed us that there was an unspecified technical issue which led to the websites being removed. We're republishing all of our websites to GMB and that should fix it.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom