More threads by EveMendelovitch

EveMendelovitch

LocalU Member
Reaction score
Hello Hello,

We have been battling the “Maximum number of listings per account” issue for quite some time now (the issue began late summer 2019). I have attached the screenshot of the page that Google redirects us to once we exceed our creation limit for the day. While this creation limit does not have a concrete number, based on our local department experience and similar concerns on the forums, the number is honing in around 10-12 creations per account regardless of Gsuite, agency, detached or personal accounts.

Google’s “Manage the limit” suggestions on the Max listings page suggests removing listings created prior to October 2017, we have done this and we still receive this message after exceeding our creation limit. The same goes for the “Remove listings from your account” suggestion as we are receiving this message on brand new accounts after reaching the creation limit. The only work-around that we have been able to utilize effectively is to create the listings in a separate account and then invite our agency account as a user on the newly created listings.

While this work-around has proven effective, the issue is that we are burning through accounts, which is leaving us wondering where the final limit will be? We are resorting to using old foursquare accounts now as almost all other accounts have been compromised… it’s gotten bad.

I have also contacted Google using the Organization Accounts support form in order to try to reach out to Google myself. Sadly, the forums have gone silent as there seems to be no clear answer to this issue.

Maximum number of listings per account - Google My Business Help.png

Im in the same boat as you. I have emailed support about this issue as well have heard nothing back for months. Did you ever end up hearing from support?

I've not run into this issue, but all of our listings are either client-owned, or created via a different account that we create for that client.

I'm not sure why you would need to burn through accounts though... why not remove access from the account being used to create the listing after ownership has been granted to the agency account?

Im in the same boat as you. I have emailed support about this issue as well have heard nothing back for months. Did you ever end up hearing from support?
I've also been dealing with this same situation for months now and have yet to hear anything back from support. Would love to hear any updates on this issue!

This is how it works to help keep agencies from creating tons of fake/ineligible listings from the same account. Google's stance is that if you haven’t been bulk verified, there’s a limit to the number of business listings you can create per Google Account in a given time period. Listing creation thresholds for bulk spreadsheet upload are based on the number of verified listings you already have in your account. These limits exist to help maintain the integrity of listings on Google.

If you have a large number of clients that don't have listings already, is it possible to have them create the listing and then just add you as a manager?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom