More threads by badgenes

badgenes

Reaction score
A client recently moved locations, temporarily closing one then opening the new location. I created a new location and need to show the old location closed however I don't want to lose the reviews. To that end I've also moved the doctors profiles to the new location and all are verified.
I've opened two tickets with GB Support (email is the only option I get) and twice they've responded as if they don't understand. This despite clearly stating I need to Move Reviews and show the old location as Permanently Closed.

What else can / should I do to accomplish this? Any assistance is much appreciated.

Solution
Oh no. The best approach would have been to carefully update the address of the old Google Business Profile and the reverify it. This way all the reviews and age/trust/rankings of the listing would stay intact.

You might want to try to reopen the old location and do this. It's about one million times better than trying to start from scratch with a new GBP. Age/trust has a significant impact on rankings. Would take quite a while for the new GBP to build up to where the old GBP is.
For anyone else who is only presented with "Email" as a support option, login through a Chrome or Chromium based browser and you will then get the Chat / Telephone options. Hopefully this saves someone the trouble that we had.

Oh no. The best approach would have been to carefully update the address of the old Google Business Profile and the reverify it. This way all the reviews and age/trust/rankings of the listing would stay intact.

You might want to try to reopen the old location and do this. It's about one million times better than trying to start from scratch with a new GBP. Age/trust has a significant impact on rankings. Would take quite a while for the new GBP to build up to where the old GBP is.

Solution
OK I hear you. I've already engaged Google Support and they've closed the old location and I am awaiting the move of reviews. If this derails I will start over and do as you suggested.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom