More threads by Jason_Parks1

Jason_Parks1

Reaction score
Someone I know is moving offices and solicited my advice. I want to provide them with the best answer.

The office they are moving into had a prior tenant that's no longer operating. Since they went out of business, they can't get a hold of the contact that held the previous Google My Business page.

Is the best course of action prior to them moving into their new location to suggest an edit to the existing GMB page that's out of business, mark the business as closed and then just change their existing GMB address to the address they'll be moving into?

Any insight would be much appreciated.

If you know the address of where the existing tenant is moving to, I would suggest an edit and update the address on the listing (instead of marking it closed).

If you know the address of where the existing tenant is moving to, I would suggest an edit and update the address on the listing (instead of marking it closed).
Hi Joy. They aren't moving. They are out of business and no longer operating. I've tried getting in contact with the person who owns the GMB and have been unsuccessful in doing so. That's why I was leaning towards marking it as closed.

Oh, yes, in that case then definitely mark it as closed.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom