More threads by Shelly

Shelly

Reaction score
I am looking for advice on the best way for 2 different people at 2 different IPs to manage Google-related products without triggering a suspension or needing to continuously change the Google password.

I have GA, GSC and GMB linked to a personal account for management. But, I sometimes log into the master client account for management. For example, I am trying to update GSC to a domain level verification which I will then link to my personal account for ongoing management. I like to keep all the master accounts and configurations under the client Gmail.

Recently another person began managing the PPC and I asked that it be set up under the client Google Account so we could run Local Search Ads connected to GMB. But the ads account immediately was suspended due to circumventing Google systems. We were able to reinstate it, but the PPC manager needed to change the password. Now when I try to log in from my IP, it is reporting suspicious activity and wants me to change the password again. I am afraid it will trigger another PPC suspension.

I explained Google PPC Manager Accounts (formally MCC) to the PPC manager but they are hesitant to set it up. Is this the best way to eliminate "suspicious activity" through logins or does anyone have another suggestion? I don't want to cause another ads issue. It took nearly a month to clean the last one up. Is it the different IP addresses resulting in this being triggered or is there something else I am missing?

We do this all the time as our team is entirely remote and all over Canada & the USA. You shouldn't have any issues once the device/IP is recognized. The first time logging in is always a challenge but once you get in after all the security stuff, the second time should be easier. I've never heard of this resulting in a PPC suspension but for Google Ads I would always recommend using an MCC so that you can add employees individually and keep track of who is making what changes.

Thanks, Joy. Something else must be going on. We did this all the time at my last agency and never had issues but we were all on static IPs so I assumed it was an IP issue. I am the text verification number and every time he logged in he needed to reverify until Google forced him to change the password to become unsuspended. Now it won't let me in until I change the password and I am nervous to lock him out again.

I will have another conversation with him about using an MCC. That has always been my method, I am not sure what the hesitation is other than needing to learn how to set it up and use it. I will walk him through it.

Appreciate your help.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom