More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Mary Bowling did a great presentation at SMX Advanced on Data Management for Local Search. Check out Mary?s slides below and also head over to download her Data Cleanup Worksheets she shared at the event and has posted on her site below.

"Below you?ll see slides from her presentation focused on making a difference when your data is not consistent across the web. Businesses move, they change addresses, phone numbers, even names ? and keeping up with what?s out on the web about your business is tricky. Mary?s tips and checklists will help you wade through the information like a pro."

<iframe src="http://www.slideshare.net/slideshow/embed_code/22558138" width="427" height="356" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" style="border:1px solid #CCC;border-width:1px 1px 0;margin-bottom:5px" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen> </iframe> <div style="margin-bottom:5px"> <strong> <a href="http://www.slideshare.net/IgnitorDigital/bowling-mary-mapsandmetros-smx-adv-2013-v2" title="Mary Bowling - Maps and Metros - Solving Data Consistency Issues - SMX Advanced 2013" target="_blank">Mary Bowling - Maps and Metros - Solving Data Consistency Issues - SMX Advanced 2013</a> </strong> from <strong><a href="http://www.slideshare.net/IgnitorDigital" target="_blank">Ignitor Digital</a></strong> </div>​

Thanks Mary, great information!

Head over to Mary's site if you want to download her Data Cleanup Worksheets:

- Determining Data Clean Up Strategy & Pricing
- Local Data Management Information Checklist
- Checklist to Use When Managing Someone Else?s Local Data

Those all contain REALLY helpful info for local search consultants to use!
Thanks again Mary!

What do you guys think?

WOW. This slideshow is packed with great tips.

Thanks Mary Bowling and thank you for sharing this Linda!

nap tips.png

I think the two tips on this slide are really interesting. The first one we do with all of our clients. Sometimes you can't tell EXACTLY where the map marker should be. Especially if the clients business is in a strip mall for example. We always go into street view to check for accuracy. If that doesn't work we zoom out, take a screen shot and have the client confirm exactly where their business is located. This is important for several reasons falling in between ranking and conversion. Definitely requires some client involvement as Mary said.

I thought the second tip on the slide regarding driving directions accuracy is interesting as well and something that I don't usually pay much attention to. I'm wondering what Mary's process looks like for checking accuracy and what she does to correct it if there is an error of some kind.

nap tips.png

On the client data worksheet that comes with my training I tell folks to zoom in (regular map) and then in that worksheet there is a spot to add the map link that asks client to click and check for accuracy or explain where marker should be.

Didn't think of doing it in street view but that's a good idea too. Also never thought of driving directions which is important for customers getting to you.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom