More threads by ambre_chn

ambre_chn

Reaction score
Hello all,

I just saw in this article that Google Business Profile is testing a "Profile Strength" status on listings.
What do you think about it? Which criteria do they take into account to define the "strength" of a GBP? Does the score have an impact on the ranking of the listing?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Most of the fields that make up that score have no impact on ranking based on our findings. There are only 5 that do impact ranking:

1. The business name
2. Reviews
3. Categories
4. The website field
5. Identity attributes
Looks like that:
1655459131245.jpg

1655459138946.jpg

Most of the fields that make up that score have no impact on ranking based on our findings. There are only 5 that do impact ranking:

1. The business name
2. Reviews
3. Categories
4. The website field
5. Identity attributes

Solution
This is just like the percentage score in the dashboard. I wouldn't worry about it all. Like Joy said, only a handful of items impact rankings. I chalk this up to color scores with Wordpress plugins. Just because you have all greens, doesn't mean that you will rank.

This just showed up on our profile. This is unfair and gives us an "incomplete" strength purely because we did not turn on their "quote request" form function. Our company does not want to use this feature because we want them to go to our site to fill out our form, which is more extensive. So now we have this:

Screenshot 2023-02-24 121326.jpg

No matter what I do now, it stays on this "strength." Below are the only two dialogs they give me now:

Screenshot 2023-02-24 121510.jpg

Screenshot 2023-02-24 121550.jpg

This just showed up on our profile. This is unfair and gives us an "incomplete" strength purely because we did not turn on their "quote request" form function. Our company does not want to use this feature because we want them to go to our site to fill out our form, which is more extensive. So now we have this:

Screenshot 2023-02-24 121326.jpg

No matter what I do now, it stays on this "strength." Below are the only two dialogs they give me now:

Screenshot 2023-02-24 121510.jpg

Screenshot 2023-02-24 121550.jpg

Only you can see it when you are logged in. It has zero impact on your rankings and performance. Your best bet is to ignore it.

Only you can see it when you are logged in. It has zero impact on your rankings and performance. Your best bet is to ignore it.

I went through a few profiles today (automotive), and just turned things off and hit next where applicable and it returned to green. If you're in-house, I think you're fine if you understand it's just a ploy to get unaware owners to spend more money on ads.

If you're an agency or subcontractor you likely want to get some language prepared on how to explain that to your customers.

I went through a few profiles today (automotive), and just turned things off and hit next where applicable and it returned to green. If you're in-house, I think you're fine if you understand it's just a ploy to get unaware owners to spend more money on ads.

If you're an agency or subcontractor you likely want to get some language prepared on how to explain that to your customers.

This is no different than when it was housed in the main dashboard. The only ways to hit 💯 was to download the app and sign up for ads. It didn’t work if you owned or managed several locations or worked with a company to run your ads. It was horrible then and is horrible now.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom