Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Thanks to StreetFight, I discovered some great ways for SMB to get deeper into the local community, potentially connect with local influencers, cross promote with other local businesses and even get a do follow back link and a nice citation.

Free Business Listing from Alignable

alignable.jpg

Stephanie Miles from Street Fight penned this idea-inspiring post:

<a href="http://streetfightmag.com/2016/04/06/5-platforms-for-cross-promotions-between-local-businesses/">5 Platforms for Cross-Promotions Between Local Businesses</a>

In tightknit communities around the country, small business owners are considered local influencers, and their opinions matter to the consumers who shop at their stores. Rather than go it alone with their local marketing campaigns, some of these merchants are finding success by partnering with peers in their communities and implementing new cross-promotional marketing strategies.

Eighty-five percent of business executives say strategic partnerships are vital to business growth...

Picture a Cosmetic Dentist and a Cosmetic Surgeon, doing an email cross promoting to each other's patients. Or featuring a coupon or ad on the other's site.

I just selected 1 of the 5 platforms to highlight. I pointed out a few features of a free "Alignable" business listing, but there is more above and below on the page. Including KW rich Title and H1, Google map, citation marked up in Schema, Facebook feed, etc.

I don't have the "handwidth" to research them all in this much detail, but if you have a client that could benefit from networking or cross promotion with other businesses in their community, they would be worth looking into. (Joy this is the story I was thinking about asking you to write for me.)

These are the types of links and citations that are high end, GEO targeted and could actually turn into relationships that generate revenue. PLUS these are links and citations, the local competition probably does not have! :)

Since I can't do any more typing or research let's make this a group project!

If you look into one in more detail, please share notable benefits.

Know of any other sites like this?

What do you think???

alignable.jpg

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Meant to mention, for consultants that like to focus on working with clients in their home town, some of these platforms could be a good place for you to network for new Local Search clients as well.

Eric Rohrback

Reaction score
Awesome share Linda! This got me thinking about how businesses interact with each other. I can understand businesses not talking if they're in the same vertical, but do a lot of businesses actively form relationships with others in their area? I think no matter what the business (even if it's your competition), you should have some form of communication with them. You could learn valuable information about what they're seeing in the market, and keep on good terms. Even if you compete with each other, sharing recommendations on good staffing agencies to hire from, a good accountant, or even a reliable mechanic could help establish a friendly relationship.

How many businesses out there actually have great relationships with those around them? I think we've been somewhat spoiled in this industry, since we're very open to sharing information. I'm wondering how other industries are with building relationships.

CodyBaird

Reaction score
Cool. Going to dabble a little

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Awesome find Linda! When I've got a little time I'll have to jump in and see if I can't learn some stuff worth using and sharing about some of the ones you haven't hit yet. You're right, those look like they might have some great opportunities for finding local business owners to engage with... especially since I imagine any business owner on there is both very involved, and very interested in new opportunities.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D GMB Restaurant Menus Mystery Source Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Chaddow Changes to Apple Maps data sources what will this mean ? Local Search 2
Amy Toman In Request A Quote dropdown, where does G source the fields? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
JoyHawkins Where is This Knowledge Panel Sourced From? Ranking Puzzles 11
H Tracking down the source of a Google involuntary category change Google My Business & Google Maps 8
faisal Your account has been rejected for the following reason: spam source. Contact Us Messages 0
JSammon512 Local Search Ads - Lead Source Attribution Paid Search and Local Service Ads 4
Cory Agular Sourcing Movie Time Data on SERP Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Colan Nielsen Which Local Citation Sources Let You Specify a Service Area? Service Area Businesses 4
Tim Colling Additional review scores in GMB from sources that just scrape Google reviews Google My Business & Google Maps 2
d2minc Reliable source for GMB change notifications Google My Business & Google Maps 3
C GMB Menu Link - source for traffic in Google Analytics? Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Matt Casady Will Top Storage Citation Sources Cause NAP Issues? Citations 7
James Watt Whitefinder data source? Citations 2
C Google Review Sources Local Search 3
Linda Buquet Hyper Local Targeting - How do YOU find those hyper local sources? Local Search 7
Pinkape404 Press Release Summary of Submission Sources Organic SEO 0
Linda Buquet Five (5) Under-Appreciated Sources for Local Link Building Success by LSEO Local Search 4
HurricaneK8 Open Source Search Engine-- Is it possible? What would it look like? Good/Bad? Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 2
360 Spin Top Citation Sources in the United States, Canada, UK and Australia Citations 1
Linda Buquet Monster List of Citation Building Sources & New Ideas Citations 4
Linda Buquet Handy Twitter Handles for Local Citation Sources Citations 5
Colan Nielsen Yelp Ranking Factors - From the Source Local Search 14
HurricaneK8 Why can't you see all the categories in "View Source"? Help & Support for Google Local 3
Colan Nielsen Identifying Quality Citation Sources Citations 5
V Dexknows Local citation source add listing success Local Search 13
djbaxter jv16 PowerTools goes open source Websites, Software, and Security 0
R BeListed.org Citation submission source Citations 2
Broland Top 100+ Free Citation Sources (U.S.A) Citations 0
sergiuliano TOP Citation Source Website Types Citations 2
Linda Buquet Top Local UK Citation Sources Citations 3
sergiuliano How to find Citation Sources as a PRO? Citations 5
prota Does Google feed local data to other sources? Local Search 0
Dino International Citations - Anyone have a source? Citations 12
Linda Buquet 50 Leading Local Review/Citation Sources in the US Citations 3
Linda Buquet List of Local Citation Sources That Don't Suck Citations 10
Linda Buquet Local Citation Sources for Australia, Germany, and New Zealand Citations 2
Linda Buquet 55 Largest Local Business Directories + the Top Citation Sources in US Citations 4
Linda Buquet 5 Tricky Citation Sources Most SMBs and Local Consultants Don't Think Of Citations 4
Local Search News Curator Best Sources for Local Citations by City (U.S.) | GetListed.org Citations 0
TriciaClements Temporarily Closed - How easy is it to Re-Open? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Garrett Sussman Review Managements Low-Hanging Fruit - Valuable and Easy Review Sites Local Reviews 8
Linda Buquet How To Embed a Google Local Map the Easy Way - Local Pros Discuss Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Linda Buquet ▶ HOT for LOCAL Videos! 10 Easy Tools for Creating Gifs and Videos Marketing 0
L Multi-Location SEO: City Page Content the Easy Way (From a Local Content Writer) Local Content 11
Linda Buquet Multi-Location SEO: City Page Content the Easy Way (From a Local Content Writer) Local Content 11
L Easy Win! How to Build out Small Town Local Landing Pages - The Magistrate Multi-Location Issues 3
Linda Buquet Easy Win! How to Build out Small Town Local Landing Pages - The Magistrate Multi-Location Issues 3
Linda Buquet GMB So Easy a Monkey can do it Campaign Hits Front Page of Google Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Dustybones How Easy is it to Spam Google Places for Business? The FBI Knows Google My Business & Google Maps 0