More threads by coppaz

coppaz

Reaction score
I have a current business that I run from my home. I've had a GBP for that company for years, however I am starting a completely different business that doesn't and won't have a physical location, service only business in a particular area that I don't live in, about a 45 minute drive from my home. I'd like to set up a GBP for that area but I hear so many horror stories of people getting banned and whatnot, so I want to start off on the right foot doing everything the correct way. Is there a book or pdf on this? or a company that provides this service?

I meant SAB. Can you not have a profile set up in an area that you primarily service people and not have an office or live there?

how does that make any since. Google wants me, a service business, that only works in one particular area, to have to pay for office space just to have a profile there? that's ridiculous.

why is it that when I google if I can have a profile without a physical address I get this, "Yes, you can have a profile if your business doesn't have a physical address as long as you make in-person contact with customers. You can also have a profile if you're a hybrid business that serves customers at your business address and visits or delivers directly to customers."

You can use a different address provided it's one that actually is used for the business. For example, I know of business owners who own multiple properties and they use one for one business and one for another, and that's completely fine. If it's your mom's address, or some address that is not used for the business whatsoever, then that wouldn't be allowed and you would have a very difficult time getting the listing verified without any documentation.

so Google basically doesn't want you working outside of your "area". I guess 15 minute cities is a real thing in our Liberally run future!

Leave politics out of this. It has nothing to do with politics or political leaning. If you don’t have an office or reside at the address you want to use, you can’t set up a second location. It has always been this way.

who said anything about a 2nd location? for me it's the only location. I DO NOT work in the city that I live in, ever! I only work in a particular part of our metro area, but in order to have a presence online Google is making me open an office and hire staff. It's stupid and not fair to service only businesses.

who said anything about a 2nd location? for me it's the only location. I DO NOT work in the city that I live in, ever! I only work in a particular part of our metro area, but in order to have a presence online Google is making me open an office and hire staff. It's stupid and not fair to service only businesses.

You can try setting up your service areas to include your metro area, and that "particular part of your metro area where you work". Your address should be hidden.

If you don’t live in that city and don’t have an office, you can’t set up a GBP. It’s that simple. It’s not political or stupid. It’s the rules. I am sorry you don’t like the rules. You’ll be ok.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom