More threads by ForwardMotion

ForwardMotion

Reaction score
Hello,

I am helping a Realtor with her GBP. I am noticing a lot of issues lately with using the home address and hiding it. I am wondering if we would be better off setting it up under the brokerages address and then hiding that and just using the service areas she serves? I'm assuming that would not compete with the office and have filtering issues for both by doing that, but wanted to get others opinions? It is my understanding that by hiding the address Google does not go off of the address, but I am finding that even though the address is hidden, it still uses it in the background as the location center for that business. Would be very interested to know what others are finding and if you agree with using the office address and just hiding it as a sole practitioner and setting the service areas? Do you find any filtering issues for the business listing by doing this? Is there a reason why you would not recommend this or have seen issues?

Thank you!

Solution
I am not sure what issues you are experiencing with hiding addresses. I have never had any issues with hiding the address. My suggestion would be to use her home address and hide. If she uses the brokerage's address, they could be more than one realtor GBP, and she runs the risk of being outranked by a competitor.
I am not sure what issues you are experiencing with hiding addresses. I have never had any issues with hiding the address. My suggestion would be to use her home address and hide. If she uses the brokerage's address, they could be more than one realtor GBP, and she runs the risk of being outranked by a competitor.

Solution
Hello,

I am helping a Realtor with her GBP. I am noticing a lot of issues lately with using the home address and hiding it. I am wondering if we would be better off setting it up under the brokerages address and then hiding that and just using the service areas she serves? I'm assuming that would not compete with the office and have filtering issues for both by doing that, but wanted to get others opinions? It is my understanding that by hiding the address Google does not go off of the address, but I am finding that even though the address is hidden, it still uses it in the background as the location center for that business. Would be very interested to know what others are finding and if you agree with using the office address and just hiding it as a sole practitioner and setting the service areas? Do you find any filtering issues for the business listing by doing this? Is there a reason why you would not recommend this or have seen issues?

Thank you!

Do you mean the "ranking in different places when hiding the address" bug? Moving the GBP again is unlikely to help with that, especially if you still intend to hide the address!

Hiding the address at the brokerage runs the risk of getting filtered by another realtor that is also doing the same thing, because two listings at the same that hide that address can and will filter each others. What you dodge is filtering by profiles that DO show their address. Just be mindful of that.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom