More threads by Adam Kaufman

Adam Kaufman

Reaction score
I have been reading articles by a few companies claiming that citations are more important than ever as these sources are being used to train AI. Directories like Localmint, Hotfrog, Bubblelife, etc.
I have performed an exhaustive test to see if any of these obscure, irrelevant directories have information training AI. I have found no references whatsoever. I am a bit weary as the suggestion is being made by companies that rely primarily on directory updates for there revenue.

Any Thoughts?

This is a great question. I'm interviewing Andy Crestodina on Friday on our live webinar about AI, and I'll add this to the list of questions to ask him.

Who are the "few companies" you're hearing this from? Links to the articles?

Here are a few.

Haha. Yes, I expected this. I can't help but squint extremely hard at anything written by these companies.

squint.jpeg

I asked Andy in the last webinar we did and his answer was no, you do not have to do anything specific, just make sure your site doesn't block AI. There aren't obscure old sources that you need to be on to be included.

()

We are playing around and testing a bit. Nothing really strong enough to start shouting about (yet) - but pretty sure Gemini (Google's AI) uses Google Reviews to power it's large language models with relevant local information.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

Brightlocal - Local SEO for Good

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom