Jon Cahen

Reaction score
I have a dental client whose services disappeared recently. not just what was populated in the fields, but the option to add services. I spoke with GMB support and they said to give it 48 hours, but not all businesses are entitled to services... I have 100 other dental listings with GMB and no others were affected. They have the same categories listed as other clients. Any Ideas?

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
@Jon Cahen, I think it's one of those bugs that not even someone at Google can explain. Usually "Services" shows up (or doesn't) based on the primary category, but it sounds like the categories are consistent between your clients. I checked my dentist clients' listings, and "Services" shows up just fine.

I assume your clients do not have the "Products" tab on the left-hand side of the GMB dashboard.

Jon Cahen

Reaction score
No "Products". Yikes, several months? Did it come back on its own or were there changes you had to make to any fields?

ashley.smith

Reaction score
I can confirm the "Google bug" hypothesis. This has happened to some of my listings and Google doesn't seem to have an answer.

j_holtslander

Reaction score
I have still yet to see any Canadian location I manage get "Services" that don't show up as "Menu" to the visitor.

ladykal

Reaction score
@Jon Cahen, I think it's one of those bugs that not even someone at Google can explain. Usually "Services" shows up (or doesn't) based on the primary category, but it sounds like the categories are consistent between your clients. I checked my dentist clients' listings, and "Services" shows up just fine.

I assume your clients do not have the "Products" tab on the left-hand side of the GMB dashboard.

Hi Phil,

I have a client in the pest control niche and they don't have a Services option from their Info tab, but they do have a Products (beta) tab on the left-hand side of the GMB dashboard. Is this significant? From what I've researched, they are a service based company so they should have a "Services" option. Or is my thinking incorrect here?

Tim Colling

Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
Reaction score
Here's a seemingly silly question:

Has anyone really been able to measure whether or not the presence of a "Services" or "Products" tab has had any impact upon the generation of new business revenue for their clients?

Jon Cahen

Reaction score
I pestered the GMB phone line and services are now back in the client's account. It may be a bug, but it is something they can control.
We had a dip in maps listings right around the time the services disappeared. The traffic has not recovered in the week or so that we've had services back.

ladykal

Reaction score
So a few of my listings actually do have the Services menu, but 99% of those listings (over 400) in my GMB account do not still. I reached out to GMB phone support the other day and they said it just happens automatically based on the algorithm, but I honesty just think they didn't know what other answer to give me. Can we use the Product (beta) menu to add services instead?

Jon Cahen

Reaction score
It should depend on the industry (primary category). I would call back in 48 hours and ask them to escalate it. The weirdest part when I called is that GMB COULD see services on their end in my account, but I could not. I had to do a screen share to convince them I was being truthful.
Are your clients ecommerce? Service?

ladykal

Reaction score
It should depend on the industry (primary category). I would call back in 48 hours and ask them to escalate it. The weirdest part when I called is that GMB COULD see services on their end in my account, but I could not. I had to do a screen share to convince them I was being truthful.
Are your clients ecommerce? Service?

Hi Jon! They are a service - a pest control company. I'll reach back out to GMB support then. Thank you so much.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M GMB location doesn't give the option to add services Help & Support for Google Local 3
C Add attributes that aren't given as an option? Google My Business & Google Maps 13
Lanerizz Getting Option to Add Products For GMB NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 11
JoyHawkins When did Bing Places Remove the Option to Add Categories? Local Search 5
djbaxter Google Maps adds 'Avoid Exes' route option Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 1
Garrett Sussman Google My Business Reviews Add Photo/Video Option To Dialogue Box Local Reviews 12
NexstarNickR Book Online option for Home Services All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 5
hajnasiewicz GMB repeatedly changing Health & Safety and Service Options Local Content 6
harmony How Does Google Choose Service Options in a Review? Local Reviews 6
Brian Barwig New Google My Business Messaging Options Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Brian Barwig Overview of New Google My Business Messaging Options Google My Business & Google Maps 0
S Appointment Required option won't stick Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Greg Bernhardt Bulk verification help, locations in group, no Chain option Multi-Location Issues 1
A GSC request indexing feature is currently disabled. Is there another option to request indexing? Organic SEO 1
DanielTexasLira Is "Meeting room" still a GMB business category? I can't find it as an option in GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 3
jpayne7 Claiming SAB That Has No Visible Claim Option Service Area Businesses 5
Hammer No longer getting any verification options but postcard since covid All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 8
Colan Nielsen "Connect in real-time, with video" Option Inside GMB NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 23
abbiebeltran Define Service Options Attribute - Online Appointments NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 1
NevenaIvanova "Mark as temporarily closed" option in GMB not working Google My Business & Google Maps 4
S Really bad GMB reviews, options? Google My Business & Google Maps 7
djbaxter Another option? Update your cancelled or postponed events with Schema Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Tony Wang Messaging option doesn't show on iphone Google My Business & Google Maps 3
M Easiest option to index page? Organic SEO 8
A Ownership Request Options Google My Business & Google Maps 3
N Client with 100+ Locations wants to use GMB Messaging. What are the options? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Monica Simpson No Verify Later option? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
H Business with Alternative Names - GMB profile options? Local Search 2
Monica Simpson Where did the FB verify option go? Citations 4
T "Finish Up" Option For New Listings Google My Business & Google Maps 4
M Any FREE content options please? Local Content 2
JoyHawkins New Services Options in the Google My Business Dashboard Google News: Important Changes & Features 53
ganapathy "Bookings" tab available But, no "Sign Up" option on GMB? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
PaulSteinbrueck GMB Short Name Option Not Availble. Direct Link? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
JoyHawkins New Option to Promote Local Search Services & Tools LSF News and Announcements 2
Cordell Crowley "Manage Spreadsheets" option in Agency Dashboard gone? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
ashley.smith Help! Missing Service Options Google My Business & Google Maps 7
OnlineLobstar Why Not GMB Give Us an Option for "Get a Quote" Just like Booking? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
S Additional Phone Number option Google My Business & Google Maps 14
vivekrpatel Services Option Under GMB Info Google My Business & Google Maps 5
AndySimpson Google Maps "Nearby" Option - New? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Sheila Hensley GMB Post's Follow Option Google News: Important Changes & Features 2
AndySimpson 👀 GMB Products and Services Option Google News: Important Changes & Features 18
TomW Suggest an edit option "Not open yet" Google News: Important Changes & Features 9
S Google creating duplicate instead of "request access" option Google My Business & Google Maps 14
djbaxter LINDA - vBModern newsletter installed and basic options set Admin Stuff 69
V 3 options of URL of my Google Business - What use where? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
pbarnhart New Yelp Review Flagging Option Local Reviews 2
C Apple Maps Connect - No Hide Address Option Local Search 5
C Yahoo Local Listing - No Free Submit Option? Local Search 10