More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Brandingconfused.jpg

Image Credit: Image created for us by Greg Gifford.

Place Pages are Back, Causing Branding Confusion Again

Have you seen any listings in the pack that are called a Place Page instead of a Google+ page?
If so, you are not alone. But no it's not another rebranding fiasco (I hope!) From what I can tell this only happens on Permanently Closed listings. No idea why they would revert back to the old name. People are already confused enough.

Tim Capper posted at the Local Search Pros G+ Community while I was on vacation and a good discussion followed. So I wanted to share here too, in case you've seen "Place Pages" listed in the SERPs and are confused about what's up. Head over to see what the Pros say.

Here is an example I found in the wild, when researching a problem for someone over at the Google forum.

Google search link: <a href="https://www.google.com/search?q=Jon+McGee+Auto+Services+Thomasville+GA">Jon McGee Auto Services Thomasville, GA - Google Search</a>

NewPlacePage.jpg

Have you seen any "Place Pages" lately?
Are you seeing that name only on Closed listings?

What's up? do you think it's just a test?
Do you think a designer forget the name or is still in the dark ages?
Or do you think they are purposely calling it a "Place Page" for some reason?
OR maybe they are reverting the name since G+ is going away as a brand?

<meta property="og:type" content="article"><meta property="og:title" content=""><meta property="og:description" content="">
<meta property="og:image" content="">

Brandingconfused.jpg

NewPlacePage.jpg

Oh and here's another pro discussion started by <a href="https://plus.google.com/u/0/111174893520165754757">Mark Goho</a> at the Local Search Community.

Can you guys replicate?

Yes I am seeing it here in Jacksonville FL, but so far only with closed businesses... but it's pretty consistent.

placepage1.jpg

placepage1.jpg

Thanks for confirming and sharing a screenshot saburnsjax!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom