More threads by bfrazier

bfrazier

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello all -

We have a client who is a 3rd party service provider. They get the order, and funnel it to the local business to fulfill and deliver.... similar to a door dash or grub hub type of business.
  • Does anyone know how these services integrate with GMB? Is it a 3rd party provider?
  • If yes, is there a way to become a 3rd party provider?
  • Is there a best approach to help it to rank for the "search delivery near me?"
  • Is the client able to use the address of the business they are funneling the business to for its own GMB listing?
Thank you!

Solution
1 + 2 - BD deal with Google themselves to get Google to ingest the list of businesses you provide service to. Without this, your only option is to convince clients to put you as the online order link in their GMB and other listing profiles.

3 - Tough market to organically rank in. You'll need locality specific directory pages, a heap of traffic, high domain ranking and alot of influential backlinks to your domain to get anywhere close to competing with the big 4 in the US. If you are outside and have less competition, copy their set up.

4 - No. A delivery service partnered with a local business is not eligible for its own listing co-located next to the actual local businesses' listing
1 + 2 - BD deal with Google themselves to get Google to ingest the list of businesses you provide service to. Without this, your only option is to convince clients to put you as the online order link in their GMB and other listing profiles.

3 - Tough market to organically rank in. You'll need locality specific directory pages, a heap of traffic, high domain ranking and alot of influential backlinks to your domain to get anywhere close to competing with the big 4 in the US. If you are outside and have less competition, copy their set up.

4 - No. A delivery service partnered with a local business is not eligible for its own listing co-located next to the actual local businesses' listing

Solution
Eoghan - Thank you for your thorough response. This was hugely helpful and I passed it along to my team to share with the client!

GREAT consultation. #3 especially applies to my organization. May I ask, who are the big 4 in the US. Thank you.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom