More threads by abrandt

Reaction score
Hello Members:

I have reviewed 20+ SEO software platforms (e.g. Ahrefs, Backingso.com, Bright Local, GEORanker, Moz Local, PlacesScout, SEMRush, WhiteSpark, etc.)... all of which are NOT granular enough for the following:

QUESTION: Can you refer or provide me with:

SOFTWARE tool capable of finding "Unstructured Local Citations" for U.S. businesses?
- City-specific / hyper-specific
- Free-form (not NAP)

Thank you much in advance!

~ Alan

TAGS:

- Business SEO Competitor Analysis tools
- Business SEO Competitor Intelligence tools
- City-specific Citation SEO Analysis
- Competitor Link Intelligence tools
- Competitor Research tools
- Competitor backlink intelligence tools
- Consumer Citations
- Geo-targeted... (PR, Citations)
- Geo/Industry-Specific SEO Platforms
- Hyper-Local News Distribution
- Hyper-local SEO tool
- Local Competitor Intelligence Analysis tools
- Local SEO Competitor Analysis tool
- SEO Intelligence tools

Unstructured citations? I don't know of a tool dedicated to this, but you could try something like mention.net which finds specific brand mentions. Could help for competitive analysis.

If we're talking about getting listed on blogs, local newspapers, etc, then I think you might want to consider looking at link prospecting tools. The Link Prospector could help: https://citationlabs.com/tools/link-prospector/

Hello, Darren:

Appreciate your candid response.

QUESTION: Can you refer or provide me with:
SOFTWARE tool capable of finding "Unstructured Local Citations" for U.S. businesses?
- City-specific / hyper-specific
- Free-form (not NAP)

I have therefore submitted a request for clarification to the above from both:
  • Matthieu Vaxelaire, CEO at Mention
  • Garrett French, Founder at Citations Labs

I will be happy to follow-up with you, one way or the other.

Does anyone else have indepth experience finding and indentifying "Unstructured Local Citations"?

Thank you,

~ Alan

TAGS:

- Business SEO Competitor Analysis tools
- Business SEO Competitor Intelligence tools
- City-specific Citation SEO Analysis
- Competitor Link Intelligence tools
- Competitor Research tools
- Competitor backlink intelligence tools
- Consumer Citations
- Geo-targeted... (PR, Citations)
- Geo/Industry-Specific SEO Platforms
- Hyper-Local News Distribution
- Hyper-local SEO tool
- Local Competitor Intelligence Analysis tools
- Local SEO Competitor Analysis tool
- SEO Intelligence tools

Last edited:
Surely, Darren, you are familiar with "Unstructured Local Citations" (free-form text content):

GOOGLE ADVANCED SEARCHES
  • local citations seo
  • Google advanced search operators
  • competitors citations
  • best in-depth competitive link research
  • Unstructured Citations
  • unstructured citations software
  • Local SEO Competitor Analysis tool OR utility OR software
  • seo competitor citation research tool
  • SEO TOOLS * competition analysis * OR Competitive Intelligence * OR Link Intelligence * OR Citation * tools *
  • City-specific Citation SEO Analysis
  • unstructured consumer citations
  • intext:AI find unstructured citations

ARTICLES
An unstructured citation is any other mention of a business that isn’t a standardized directory, such as a blog or newspaper article. Although complete NAP may or may not be included, unstructured citations represent a significant opportunity to boost local branding.

{removed invalid links from Google search ~ djbaxter}

You don't a tool to find/create unstructured cits. By the definition in the comment above: "An unstructured citation is any other mention of a business that isn’t a standardized directory, "

You can create that on any virtually any web page.

"An unstructured citation is any other mention of a business that isn’t a standardized directory... You can create that on any virtually any web page."

Len:

Would appreciate that you please further explain in detail.

THX. ~ Alan

Most people think of "citations" as directories where you can enter business info (ie, NAP). They have boxes to enter the relevant info arranged in a very specific format that can't be altered. eg, you can't put a phone number in the address field; it can only go in the phone number field.) So it can be considered, "structured".

But a specific "directory" is not the only definition. Here's how MOZ defines a citation: "A local citation is any online mention of the name, address, and phone number for a local business. " (Local Citations | Local SEO)

Note the phrase, "any online mention". (The referenced post goes on to list examples.) So, if you just list the NAP on a page, even though there are no fields to enter the info, doesn't that fit the above definition? Is it a structured "Business Directory". No, but it meets the above definition of a citation. If used in context with other relevant info to "promote a good user experience", IMHO I think Google is smart enough to figure it out.

Hello, Len:

I FULLY AGREE with you as I have clearly stated in my previous posts #1 and #6 within this thread.

If amenable to you, I would prefer to discuss this further in a private conversation.... (however I do not find a PM contact feature within this forum platform).

Please find my LI profile address within my LSF profile here.

Thank you in advance and look forward.

~ Alan

I would prefer to discuss this further in a private conversation.... (however I do not find a PM contact feature within this forum platform).
See Conversations or private messages

Last edited:

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom