More threads by abrandt

Reaction score
CITATION FINDER | CITATION METRICS | COMPETITOR CITATION ANALYSIS | CITATIONS BY SITE | CITATION LOCATOR | CITATION LOCATOR QUERIES |

My interest is to find city-level, unstructured LOCAL CITATIONS... any LOCAL online mentions of a business's name, address, and phone number. These can be on local business directories, social media, map apps, local news mentions, local event listings, local press releases, local classified ads, local blog, local blogs, local online magazines, online newspaper sites, wikis... citations that can be leveraged by a NON brick & mortar type business, etc.

In 2019, I reviewed 20+ SEO software platforms (e.g. Ahrefs, Backingso, Bright Local, GEORanker, Moz Local, PlacesScout, SEMRush, WhiteSpark, etc.)... all of which are NOT granular enough for researching city-level, unstructured LOCAL CITATIONS... unless significant local search capabilities have been implemented.

Does anyone have high-level experience with the above... and can make some substantive recommendations?

Thank you,

~ Alan

The Whitespark Local Citation Finder isn't limited to only structured directory citations. It doesn't even use a site list of any kind. It can and does find citations on any kind of site, across the entire internet, for your business, and for your competitors. This functionality existed back in 2019 too, so I'm not sure what kind of granular research you're trying to do.

Hi, Darren:

This is what you wrote me in 2019 in this Forum...

QUESTION: City-specific / Hyper-specific Citation Software ???
LocalSearchForum - Post #2: 7/3/2019 6:24 PM - Darren wrote:

Unstructured citations? I don't know of a tool dedicated to this, but you could try something like mention.net which finds specific brand mentions. Could help for competitive analysis.

If we're talking about getting listed on blogs, local newspapers, etc, then I think you might want to consider looking at link prospecting tools. The Link Prospector could help: citationlabs.com/tools/link-prospector.

I will take a fresh look and review your current product citation capabilities.

Thank you,

~ Alan

If the web page lists the business name and phone number, and is indexed in Google, the local citation finder can pick it up. If the phone number is not present, then it wouldn’t be found.

If the web page lists the business name and phone number, and is indexed in Google, the local citation finder can pick it up. If the phone number is not present, then it wouldn’t be found.
Hi, Darren:

This is an important feature specification:
same citation discovery limitation currently found with PlacesScout for unstructured, NON-NAP citations.

This means neither CITATION software can recognize or discover:

- business name
- owner name
- email address
- mail or physical address
- product or service keyword phrases

This is problematic with regards to researching unstructured, NON-NAP local citations.

Thank you,

~ Alan

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom