More threads by Yourname

Reaction score
Hi guys,

We have two locations of a business. One in a "Greater" city area, and the other in another town. I wanted to know what the radius of searches normally is. There shouldn't be an overlap considering the distance between the locations is about 103kms. But we want to inform our paid strategy so it would be nice to know what the radius would cover.

Thanks!

The radius of the ranking area depends on the infrastructure of that respective area. If you don't face any competition then you're likely to be the first one to show in the local search results no matter the distance. So there is no default ranking distance that would apply to every business. As for Ads, the company itself has to determine how large the service area is or find out how far customers would travel to find the location.

the distance between the locations is about 103kms
I have a client that ranks this far away but they're in rural MN so it's as Tim said - it depends on the competition. I'd suggest doing a quick scan using the Local Falcon and it should answer your question about how far away this specific business ranks.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom