More threads by spencerhulsey3

Reaction score
We've got a client who does good job generating reviews, however, they rarely show up. I know it's been an issue for a lot of GBPs over the past couple of years, and we've been able to get some to show up by filling out the support form. Where it seems to happen every time he gets a new review, we're just wondering if something might be wrong with the profile itself. Should we consider trying to change the primary category? He basically does all things cabinet and kitchen related, but the majority of his work seems to come in from remodels. His primary category is currently set to cabinet maker so we're wondering if a lot of the reviews are more remodel focused, is Google viewing those as spam for a cabinet maker.

Hey Spencerhulsey,

The only time I have heard of Google making it harder for businesses to get reviews based on their categories is when the categories are federally or state-regulated businesses such as jails or schools. Most of the time, when this happens, it's because the reviews they are getting are triggering one of Google's fraud sensors.

A common one is when people create the review using the same IP address as the business. So if they make the review while still in the store Google might flag it as possible fraud.

There are many other factors that could be causing this problem; here are a couple of other articles that might explain it better than I can:

Thanks,
Andrea

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom