More threads by Michael S. Doran

Solutions
Reaction score
I am just wondering what methods people are usings for schema markup for NAP. There used to be a few nice generators out there and schema methods have changed over the years. There is a ton of deep info avaialbe, such as this article for example:
How to Use Schema for Local SEO: A Complete Guide

I still use standard schema microdata as I have for years. Does anyone have a simple method for creating schema NAP that they are willing to share?

I create JSON-LD schema from scratch, using a text editor. I find that this approach provides more flexibility for different situations. Having said that, there are a number of generators available. For what it's worth, Google recommends using JSON-LD instead of microdata: Understand how structured data works | Search for Developers

Can anyone recommend a succinct document or presentation that I can share with my leadership on the benefits of Schema integration? They don't need to know any of the technical/how to's - just the benefits with examples/visuals of the outcome of Schema integration.

I create JSON-LD schema from scratch, using a text editor. I find that this approach provides more flexibility for different situations. Having said that, there are a number of generators available. For what it's worth, Google recommends using JSON-LD instead of microdata: Understand how structured data works | Search for Developers

I agree with Rich and I, too, create schema from scratch. However, once you set schema for one client, you can then reuse it for others. So, create a template for the basic info like NAP and reuse it.

I like to add keywords to my file names and I tag important files for easy search. If you can't find the template you want to use, just crawl one of your client's website and copy the code. JSON-LD is the preferred method.

*CHEAT SHEET*
If you have clients in the same industry, don't reinvent the wheel. Just copy their schema and tweak the code to reflect the new client's info. Double check your work for accuracy!

I tend to use this tool more often than not - JSON-LD Schema Generator For SEO - Joe Hall

I've also used WordPress plugins like SchemaPro - but the update process for their plugin is a little odd as if you disable the plugin, then all settings are deleted. Really bad during an update when it has to disable. I haven't tested recent versions to see if they fixed that.

The advantage of the plugin is that you can dynamically set the product schema as needed - but with a little code you can do that too.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom