More threads by jlwilson

jlwilson

Reaction score
Good morning!

We operate a health care business with both a clinic that's staffed & open daily for patients (about 25% of our sales) and an RN home visit component (about 75% of our sales.) We get a ton of our business from the clinic GMB listing, as I actually was in SEO prior to opening this business with my husband, so we were really strategic about the clinic zip code & location!

Our service area for our house call business is the entire Phoenix valley... a huge area, but we have mobile nurses on call in most major suburbs that cover all the various zip codes.

However, when I add service areas in Google My Business, they disappear the next day - I assume they aren't getting approved? Even when I just add Scottsdale (the city we are located in) it gets erased. It says in my GMB description that we are mobile & cover the whole Valley, and it definitely states that clearly on my website multiple times. We also have 30 GMB reviews; many of them state we came to their home!

I am nervous to keep trying to set local service areas, because I don't want to get suspended or "shadow banned" from Maps - we are only a couple months old, so regular SEO/Google rankings are still a work in progress & much of our business comes from maps. GMB is my highest value/priority, so I don't want to accidentally look like I'm spammy with making changes (especially since it is already working great for the immediate area around the clinic.) I've wondered if maybe I should add "home health" as a category - maybe only certain categories can be listed with services area? - but again, hate making changes to something that is working, and we aren't actually a "home health" business in the way most people think of that business type (we are more like a mobile med spa.) Just hoping to start showing up in other parts of town where we also have nurses located.

Any idea why this keeps getting removed? Has anyone ever been suspended for making too many changes? And from reading in this forum that service areas may not even impact rankings, is it even worth my time to worry about service areas?

Thanks so much!

I would suggest contacting GMB support to find out why they're getting removed. I wouldn't suggest continuing to add them over and over.

Just curious: do you have just one legal business entity and one state license to perform both the in-office and in-home services?

Just curious: do you have just one legal business entity and one state license to perform both the in-office and in-home services?
Yes, just one entity & license, as it's not home health & we don't accept any kind of insurance/Medicare, it's private concierge medicine where we work directly under our medical director via telemedicine for mobile services, or directly in the clinic.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom