More threads by Creativedge

Reaction score
I've been asked to look into whether or not it's useful for our agency's clients to be on TikTok.

We primarily do marketing for dental offices, and the majority of them don't post much in the way of social media outside of Facebook. An increasing number have been doing more on Instagram (and, typically, that's been linked to their Facebook accounts), but we've recently had the first one who has been posting to TikTok on a regular basis (primarily sharing Invisalign, Botox, and other before-and-after clips).

Is there any marketing value to this?

Solution
That really depends on whether your primary target audience is likely to visit TikTok with any regularity. That tends to be teenagers and young adults who are primarily interested in the latest fashions, makeup, dances, and the like, along with influencers targeting those groups.

I wouldn't personally market on TikTok for my clients but for promoting procedures like in your example it could work out for you and general dental practices.
That really depends on whether your primary target audience is likely to visit TikTok with any regularity. That tends to be teenagers and young adults who are primarily interested in the latest fashions, makeup, dances, and the like, along with influencers targeting those groups.

I wouldn't personally market on TikTok for my clients but for promoting procedures like in your example it could work out for you and general dental practices.

Solution
I've been asked to look into whether or not it's useful for our agency's clients to be on TikTok.

We primarily do marketing for dental offices, and the majority of them don't post much in the way of social media outside of Facebook. An increasing number have been doing more on Instagram (and, typically, that's been linked to their Facebook accounts), but we've recently had the first one who has been posting to TikTok on a regular basis (primarily sharing Invisalign, Botox, and other before-and-after clips).

Is there any marketing value to this?

Hi there! As someone on Tiktok, if you are planning on advertising any product, you should definitely be on Tiktok. Personally, I've purchased a few items that have been advertised to me!

I don't think it would be that useful in driving actual new customers. You might get some validation, and some vanity metrics, but not much more.

I think it's maybe something akin to blogging. You really can't make local dental related content for a dentist on tiktok, and if you did, it would be tough to hit someone at the point of purchase. Same thing with blogging - you can probably write a great article about "you've been using mouthwash wrong your whole life", and it will get a ton of visitors, but, few people would be like "this article makes a great point, and I need a dentist, and I'm in this town. .. problem solved!".

I did have a holistic dr. make a few tiktoks - something about liver enzymes etc. He got like 100,000 views, but, again, from all over, and no real connection to becoming a customer.

If you have some larger purpose, and trying to become an influencer, then go ahead. Otherwise, I think its not going to be a very good use of time.

I can absolutely see value in this as long as you have someone savvy enough to understand the platform and edit your clips in a way that makes them appealing. It also would be best used with clients who are really invested so you can get good video and pictures. I'm not a regular user of the platform but I actually went with a particular surgeon for a procedure in part because of her Tiktok! It's kind of crazy but information about procedures, clips of what they look like, before and afters, all make medical stuff more approachable for younger audiences.

I can absolutely see value in this as long as you have someone savvy enough to understand the platform and edit your clips in a way that makes them appealing. It also would be best used with clients who are really invested so you can get good video and pictures. I'm not a regular user of the platform but I actually went with a particular surgeon for a procedure in part because of her Tiktok! It's kind of crazy but information about procedures, clips of what they look like, before and afters, all make medical stuff more approachable for younger audiences.

So far, we just have the one who's interested in using it...but, not that long ago, none of our clients would touch Instagram, either, and that's been gradually changing. It's nice to finally see some of them becoming willing to take photos to share on social media. Getting video from them feels like a much bigger hurdle, though.

Considering TikTok for your agency's dental office clients sounds intriguing! While TikTok is often associated with a younger demographic, it's gaining broader appeal. Short, engaging videos can showcase Invisalign transformations and Botox results effectively.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom