More threads by Stayhealthy

Stayhealthy

Reaction score
Hi my site has more backlinks and a higher DA than all the sites ahead of me for my most sought out keyword. And somehow I’m still stuck at position 16. The only thing I see is the sites ahead of mine have more pages could this be the issue? Or also could it be my on page is horrible? Thank you very much in advance for any answers thanks

DA is not a ranking factor.

Number of incoming links isn't as important as the quality of those links.

A whole lot of other things you haven't mentioned are ranking factors.

On page factors are increasingly important in today's Q&A version of Google.

But you really haven't given anyone much to work with in your brief description of your site.

To start with, are you trying to rank locally? or organically?

Is this a brick and mortar business, or B2B, or service area business, or online ecommerce only?

Hi StayHealthy,
When you have a ranking conundrum like this, where you are asking yourself "Why are these folks outranking me when some of my metrics are better?" that's a signal that it's time to do a full competitive local business audit.

You take the top-ranked business in your market for your desired search phrase/s and stack up your metrics against theirs to see where their apparent wins are. Once you've identified their wins, you have a to-do list for the areas in which improvement on your part could improve your visibility.

You'll find a link to my free spreadsheet for conducting a basic local business competitive audit here Accessing Demand & Analyzing Markets [The Essential Local SEO Strategy Guide] with more detailed instructions for how to go about it.

Hope this helps!

Echoing all above - on page is likely the culprit - what that means in plain english is this. If you were a plumber in Miami you'd want your page to be more "plumber" than anyone else and more "miami" than anyone else - if you're not a local business - then you'd just be focusing on the "plumber" part.

Relevancy is key. You become relevant via words and where you place them. Once you bring up your relevance then those backlinks IF those are relevant will help you more. Cheers.

Hi my site has more backlinks and a higher DA than all the sites ahead of me for my most sought out keyword. And somehow I’m still stuck at position 16. The only thing I see is the sites ahead of mine have more pages could this be the issue? Or also could it be my on page is horrible? Thank you very much in advance for any answers thanks
Where on your landing page do your keywords appear?

There are a lot of things that could be causing your website to rank lower than your competitors. Like Carolyn2 said, on-page factors like the optimization of your title tag, description meta tag, headings, and text are one possibility. Other possibilities could be a Google penalty, site not being mobile-friendly, site being slow to load. I would recommend a full SEO Audit to discover what the issues are. DM me if you'd like to talk more about an audit.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom