More threads by FatSniper

Reaction score
Hi, lets say a site has 3 locations. Those 3 locations are placed on the footer of its website.

Would having those 3 NAPs in the footer site wide cause an issue with potential map rankings?

I usually keep it separate, but I haven't heard of anyone running into problems in a few years, not since schema became more popular and dupes on google became less of an issue. Since you only have 3 locations, as long as you set it up right it'll probably be fine.

What I would do though: for any location specific pages, only have NAP and schema for the one listing. The only pages I'd consider having all of them, would be pages that are about the brand itself (home page, contact page, etc).

Here's a thread discussing it a little more if you're curious.

I'll echo James and say you'll be good but adhere to his guide on the landing pages. Also, you can use the URL identifier tag in your schema to help nail down which GMB goes to which page.

I'll echo James and say you'll be good but adhere to his guide on the landing pages. Also, you can use the URL identifier tag in your schema to help nail down which GMB goes to which page.

The link you provided is to JSON markup. Did Google switch from backing Schema to backing JSON? Or is JSON complimenting Schema? Admittedly, this is not my realm of expertise.

The link you provided is to JSON markup. Did Google switch from backing Schema to backing JSON? Or is JSON complimenting Schema? Admittedly, this is not my realm of expertise.

They're the same really. The JSON-LD is just a simpler format and more search engines are supporting it. So it's a win for us SEOs, because doing in-line schema can be a PITA.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom