More threads by Oliver Keates

Reaction score
Hi all,

Has anyone got any practical advice about freelancing in regards to managing google my business listings on behalf of SME's. For example the best practices for creating a GMB or taking over an already existing one.

thanks

Take over existing - become a co-owner / manager. Otherwise you'll lose historic data / content that enhances listing and helps show the incremental value you drove.

The KPIs you need to show are

1) profile completeness + accuracy
2) Search Ranking

Which are all a means to

Listing CTR

Which is a means to

Driving more leads for business through the assets under your management

ROI on hiring you

Good luck! Huge market but tough to differentiate in. Fair Price + Proven Performance + Some unique aspects to your solution if you can find them will help you grow your portfolio.

Thanks for this @Eoghan_MFeed in the beginning as a freelancer do you think it is better to just manage existing verified GMB listings as it takes time to setup the gmb verification process?

Also are there any free gmb reporting tools.m? Obviously you have the numerous paid ones.

I would suggest utilizing the Google My Business agency dashboard. I would also suggest only getting manager access on the listings you manage - it limits the possible mistakes you could make that could hold you liable.

I would suggest utilizing the Google My Business agency dashboard. I would also suggest only getting manager access on the listings you manage - it limits the possible mistakes you could make that could hold you liable.
Thanks, what would you suggest about managing gmb reviews as a freelancer. From my experience you can tell what reviews are spammy. My concern is if there are genuine negative reviews some clients get quite emotional not professional when replying to negative reviews.

I think it's a great idea for you to help with review responses. Usually, for negative reviews, we always ask the business owner for input so we can get their side of the story. Also, we often find that if they rectify the issue (solve the customer's problem), they actually will remove the review.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom