Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
With the upgraded pages we now have the ability to upload videos, add posts, mess around with the circles, add longer descriptions with links...etc

I thought it would be a great idea to start a thread to brainstorm and share what people are doing to optimize these upgraded pages.(sorry if a similar thread has already been started)

I've read that it's a great idea to leave reviews for other businesses as your business. For example, last week we took our entire office out for an afternoon of bowling and lazertag at a local entertainment facility. We are going to leave them a review using our Imprezzio Marketing Local G+ page.

What are some of your ideas in regards to using circles, posts, business descriptions...etc?

Brian

Reaction score
Thanks for the post Colan. Could you share why you think that is a good idea. What impact to you think leaving a review has on Imprezzion?

mblumenthal

LocalU Faculty
Reaction score
The opportunities for a business to leave a review of another business are several. Firstly it can be used to create a positive "give before you get" mentality leading other businesses to do the same for you or perhaps one of your clients.

It also offers some branding visibility. If a business can become a Top reviewer in a market their names will be seen much more visibly and frequently.

Thirdly, being a top reviewer, will give your company some serious reputation management capability as a top reviewer review is likely to pop to the top of the list.

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Thanks Mike. Those are great points. I really like the idea of becoming a top reviewer as a company.

I can see businesses tip toeing the line of spammy on this one though. Perhaps falling face first right over the line.

The opportunities for a business to leave a review of another business are several. Firstly it can be used to create a positive "give before you get" mentality leading other businesses to do the same for you or perhaps one of your clients.

It also offers some branding visibility. If a business can become a Top reviewer in a market their names will be seen much more visibly and frequently.

Thirdly, being a top reviewer, will give your company some serious reputation management capability as a top reviewer review is likely to pop to the top of the list.

mblumenthal

LocalU Faculty
Reaction score
Google created a tool and an option. As to what folks do with it, is up to them.

Obviously if you have 50 employees and 50 managers of a page you can build up some serious quantity of reviews fairly quickly.

While I am sure that it will lead to some abuses, I look at it more as an opportunity to give to the virtual local community.

Fulty22

Reaction score
I love the idea of doing reviews and thanks for the linked articles Linda.

Some other things you can try to optimize your site:
  • post quality content on you Google+ Page. As opposed to posting links to your blog or website.
  • Link back to some of your Google+ Page posts from your website, forums blog comments etc.
  • When post on Google+ put some thought into your first sentence. It becomes your meta title tag essentially
  • engage with the others on Google+ and join relevant communities. There is a lot of good stuff out there.
  • Google+ Direct Connect - direct connect your website to your Google+ business Page. I'm not sure this is always utilized by most businesses with Google+ Pages. Here is a link to some Google's info on this: https://support.google.com/plus/answer/1711199?hl=en
  • Add a Google+ page badge to your website (this is the publisher badge not the author badge or tag). This accomplishes the Direct Connect but also allows people to automatically follow your Google+ Page, see how many others are following and see who of their friends on Google+ are following your business page. Google badges can be found here: https://developers.google.com/+/web/badge/
  • Add pictures, videos
  • Complete your About page with a lot of good useful info on your business
  • add good relevant links on your About page.

That is all I can think of for now. Good luck.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Most UpVoted Answers

Trending: Most Viewed

LocalU Podcasts

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Google Product Exert

Top Bottom