More threads by msaqiib

msaqiib

Reaction score
Hi Local SEO Fellows

First of all thanks to Marc for approving my account :love:

Ignore my Bad English and Grammar Mistakes because English is not my native language šŸ˜

I'm working in SEO and I'll say that I'm at a moderate level, I'm not an expert in Local SEO although I ranked a website and that website got a featured snippet as well.

So, I've been working on a website for 2 months, that website was on the 9th page before, here's what I have done so far to give that website a little push.

1. Rewrite the Content for all of the Services Pages.
  2. The layout wasn't SEO and user-friendly, pricing and packages were at the end of the page, and they did not interlink the other service pages. So I have added columns where I provide the details. I put the most important section of the website which is "Packages and Pricing" after the introduction.
  3. I have done all the small tweaks that were missing such as SEO Friendly Meta, Alt text, Titles, Using my keywords in Headings, Using related keywords, and Internal linking I have built a manual Schema for the homepage.
  4. I have built forum backlinks, Profile backlinks, Local Citations, PDF Submissions, and Web 2.0 so far.
I'm seeing my website on different positions sometimes it comes to the 4th page and then moves to the 5th and 6th page of Google, now I don't understand what to do, I have done everything that I was aware of.

Main Keyword is: Desert Safari Dubai (Quite Competitive)
Target Location is: (Dubai)

I'm not sure about providing the link to my website so if someone needs a link, I'll inbox the link to them. I need suggestions from the experts.

To me "Desert Safari Dubai: screams "video content". Video SEO might be just the thing here. Video clips of drifting and dune jumping might are perfect for Tiktok and other social. Cheers, and kudos on your fine work.

To me "Desert Safari Dubai: screams "video content". Video SEO might be just the thing here. Video clips of drifting and dune jumping might are perfect for Tiktok and other social. Cheers, and kudos on your fine work.

Thanks for the reply!
But if I search this keyword here in Dubai, I don't see any single video platform. If the intent behind this keyword is to watch the video then Google will never show the websites and Map Packs. What do you think about it?

Beyond local pack there are myriad SEO benefits to great video and it's well suited to your product. I assume you are asking about self-hosting vs youtube? Just self-host. If you want to sell adventure packages online and get more search engine rankings for an adventure package site great video content is jet fuel.

The fact that you don't see any video is good as long as there's volume, i.e. if there's healthy search volume in your niche yet no video content that's a super easy way for you to gain an advantage. All else being equal, the website with a great library of engaging videos is to going to outrank.

Last edited:
There are myriad SEO benefits to great video. I assume you are asking about self-hosting vs youtube? Just self-host. If you want to sell adventure packages online and get more search engine rankings for an adventure package site great video content is jet fuel.

The fact that you don't see any video is good as long as there's volume, i.e. if there's healthy search volume in your niche yet no video content that's a super easy way for you to gain an advantage. All else being equal, the website with a great library of engaging videos is to going to outrank.

So you are saying that I need to record some very cool videos and host those videos on my hosting not embed them from "YouTube" which will provide benefit to me right?

One more question: What do you recommend? Should I create a separate page for the Videos and optimize that page for Google SEO and Videos on that page for Video SEO? Or should I add those videos to my services pages?

I already have one video on my website homepage where I have targeted the exact keyword "Desert Safari Dubai" The link to my website is Desert Safari Dubai 2024 | Best Desert Safari Deals you might wanna take a look at it.

No definitely not saying that. Your question was "if Google shows the video how do they see my site", if that's the challenge then self hosting is the obvious answer that's all.

Taking a quick look I would focus on conversion concepts more than SEO initially. Cheers.

P.S. here is a Wes McDowel link that may (or may not) be helpful:

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom