More threads by Mattk97

Mattk97

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I’m looking around to see if there’s a method (tool perhaps) that would allow me to compare a businesses’ GBP profile against a select number of competitors; sort of like a side by side comparison of category/reviews/photos/etc.

I currently have been toying with doing it manually but obviously if there’s a way to compile all that info that would be ideal. I know BrightLocal’s Local Search Audit does a good job of providing information of reviews/photos/etc. for a profile and shows some data for competing profiles for a certain category.

Another vote for Places Scout.

I also use Bright Local for most of our projects, but I wish we could select the businesses we want to see in the Citation report (instead, they choose them, and they're usually not actual local competitors). Works fine for GMB reports and the grid, just the citation report is wonky.

For quick audits, we use the Chrome Extension "GMB Everywhere" which does a great job of pulling data but has no export tool.

In addition to what @Conor Treacy mentioned, another free GMB chrome extension tool is "GMBspy". I also share the same frustrations as Conor with the BrightLocal Citation report, but other than that, very happy with all the other functionality of BL's reporting.

My favorite competitor comparison tool right now specifically for local is Places Scout. They slice and dice competitor data and stack it all up in a few different ways, it's pretty cool.

Thanks for the insight, Colan. I’ve heard of Places Scout but haven’t familiarized myself much with their tools. I’ll have to check them out :)

Another vote for Places Scout.

I also use Bright Local for most of our projects, but I wish we could select the businesses we want to see in the Citation report (instead, they choose them, and they're usually not actual local competitors). Works fine for GMB reports and the grid, just the citation report is wonky.

For quick audits, we use the Chrome Extension "GMB Everywhere" which does a great job of pulling data but has no export tool.

Hey Conor, thanks so much for the feedback here. I've passed it on to our Product Manager, and she has confirmed this is definitely something we'll look to improve in the future.

Jenny at BrightLocal

My favorite competitor comparison tool right now specifically for local is Places Scout. They slice and dice competitor data and stack it all up in a few different ways, it's pretty cool.

Thanks for recommending this. I've been looking for a competitor tracking tool. Doing it one by one with Google Sheets works but is very time consuming. I'll check it out.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom