More threads by itstaymc

itstaymc

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Happy I found this forum. I manage a personal injury law firm in Las Vegas, NV and i've seen a huge traffic drop from the summer months of 2021 (we would average about 4500 views a month) to now where we are only seeing 1200 views, if that, a month.

A few things I've noticed:

- we have dropped in ranking significantly for our bread and butter keywords (car accident lawyer, Las Vegas car accident lawyer)
- those who outrank us now are further away in proximity, but have higher review counts;

Do you think this is a bug that needs to be fixed, or is it here to stay?

Thanks in advance,

Taylor

Attachments

• 08-09 GMB - 4832.pdf
    253.5 KB · Views: 237
  • 12-1 GMB-1229.pdf
    251.8 KB · Views: 205
@itstaymc In general, I wouldn't consider the "views" metric in GBP Insights to have much value. I'd focus more on the searches that triggered their profile, calls, website clicks, driving directions. If they dropped in rankings for their core keywords, there's a good chance that is the reason for the visibility drop.

Are leads down as well? Does the ranking drop correlate with the Vicinity Update?

@itstaymc In general, I wouldn't consider the "views" metric in GBP Insights to have much value. I'd focus more on the searches that triggered their profile, calls, website clicks, driving directions. If they dropped in rankings for their core keywords, there's a good chance that is the reason for the visibility drop.

Are leads down as well? Does the ranking drop correlate with the Vicinity Update?

Yes, the search terms triggered have also been cut in half or even more. I am not sure if it directly correlates, but I'm at a complete loss. We are being murdered. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Hey everyone,

Happy I found this forum. I manage a personal injury law firm in Las Vegas, NV and i've seen a huge traffic drop from the summer months of 2021 (we would average about 4500 views a month) to now where we are only seeing 1200 views, if that, a month.

A few things I've noticed:

- we have dropped in ranking significantly for our bread and butter keywords (car accident lawyer, Las Vegas car accident lawyer)
- those who outrank us now are further away in proximity, but have higher review counts;

Do you think this is a bug that needs to be fixed, or is it here to stay?

Thanks in advance,

Taylor

Based on the limited info you have provided, I can safely say that:
1. Your competitors have got 3-digit review counts compared to your 2-digit review count.
2. You business doesn't have a brand name. The name of your business could easily pass off as a phrase casually mentioned by someone on social media.
3. Your on-page & off-page SEO of your website looks dubious. For a website with such a low Moz DA, it shouldn't have such a high Moz Spam Score. Something's not right here.
4. 12-1 GMB-1229.pdf is for the month of Dec & Jan. January isn't over yet. Therefore, this is not a fair comparison.
5. You have not indicated what happened in Oct & Nov.

Having said that, even if all of these are fixed (& it must be fixed anyway), it's highly unlikely that your traffic will revert to it's heydays. There is something else going on...

Based on the limited info you have provided, I can safely say that:
1. Your competitors have got 3-digit review counts compared to your 2-digit review count.
2. You business doesn't have a brand name. The name of your business could easily pass off as a phrase casually mentioned by someone on social media.
3. Your on-page & off-page SEO of your website looks dubious. For a website with such a low Moz DA, it shouldn't have such a high Moz Spam Score. Something's not right here.
4. 12-1 GMB-1229.pdf is for the month of Dec & Jan. January isn't over yet. Therefore, this is not a fair comparison.
5. You have not indicated what happened in Oct & Nov.

Having said that, even if all of these are fixed (& it must be fixed anyway), it's highly unlikely that your traffic will revert to it's heydays. There is something else going on...

Thanks for your reply.

Are you saying you actually analyzed my site, or those are potential issues? Because:

1. Yes, you are correct. We have 24 reviews while our competitors have 50+
2. The Injury Firm is our name -- pretty generic but there is not much I can do to change it unfortunately
3. Our on and off page SEO, in my opinion, is great. We have various pages ranking position 1 or page 1, such as Las Vegas Slip and Fall lawyer, Las Vegas Brain Injury Attorney, etc... our DA is 21 and spam score is 6%. Does spam score affect map rankings? How can I get this # lower?

Thank you for your input. I really do appreciate it.

Thanks for your reply.

Are you saying you actually analyzed my site, or those are potential issues? Because:

1. Yes, you are correct. We have 24 reviews while our competitors have 50+
2. The Injury Firm is our name -- pretty generic but there is not much I can do to change it unfortunately
3. Our on and off page SEO, in my opinion, is great. We have various pages ranking position 1 or page 1, such as Las Vegas Slip and Fall lawyer, Las Vegas Brain Injury Attorney, etc... our DA is 21 and spam score is 6%. Does spam score affect map rankings? How can I get this # lower?

Thank you for your input. I really do appreciate it.

Are you saying you actually analyzed my site...
Yes, I did.

..our DA is 21 and spam score is 6%..
There is a great mismatch between your DA & Spam Score. For such a low DA, the Spam Score shouldn't be so high. This is an indication that there is something wrong with your on-page and off-page SEO.
Does spam score affect map rankings?
I've no idea but generally speaking a poor website will affect your map rankings.
How can I get this # lower?
Your on-page and off page SEO needs to be scrutinised further. Moz has got an explanation on how they calculate the Spam Score somewhere on their website. From experience, I find that their explanation is incomplete. There are other reasons for the Spam Score to increase apart from what they list on their website.

I would suggest doing (or having someone else do) a thorough audit to come up with some strategies. If their organic strategies are solid, they should have been able to survive the Vicinity update even if it cut some of their local pack rankings.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom