More threads by Ryanl

Ryanl

Reaction score
I own 3 businesses but I just signed a lease for one big building instead of two. Business one is a garage door service company, business two is an online parts/door diy business. (Business 3 unrelated)

My question is, how do I effectively market both locally? They are two different brands. They both have effective GMB accounts and rank well.

The most important business is the door service but the parts e-commerce is doing well also.

Any suggestions on how I should do this with GMB and local search?

Hi @Ryanl Can you provide more insight as to what kind of advice you are seeking? Sounds like you have created the GMB's and they rank well. So you are off to a good start. From a GMB perspective, if you have nailed the ranking component you would now turn your attention to getting potential customers who discover you to take some action. Some thoughts:

1. Implement a review gathering strategy. Start with Google but include non-Google review sites
  2. Make sure your GMB photos are attractive and paint a good picture of the business
  3. Add GMB Messaging via the GMB App so customers who prefer to contact you that way can so so
  4. Utilize call tracking and UTM parameters so you can accurately understand how much business you are getting from GMB
  5. Hire a Google Trusted Photographer if you have a brick and mortar location
  6. Utilize Google Posts, GMB Products, fill out the "services" section

I'm sorry, maybe I didn't make myself clear. We're currently in two buildings (both have their own address). We need more space and it make sense logistically and cost to move each into one building that almost doubles our size of usable space for both companies.

Issue I have is when we move, what do I do with my GMB for the parts company? How do I keep both rankings well locally when I'm sharing an address?

Hi @Ryanl Can you provide more insight as to what kind of advice you are seeking? Sounds like you have created the GMB's and they rank well. So you are off to a good start. From a GMB perspective, if you have nailed the ranking component you would now turn your attention to getting potential customers who discover you to take some action. Some thoughts:

1. Implement a review gathering strategy. Start with Google but include non-Google review sites
  2. Make sure your GMB photos are attractive and paint a good picture of the business
  3. Add GMB Messaging via the GMB App so customers who prefer to contact you that way can so so
  4. Utilize call tracking and UTM parameters so you can accurately understand how much business you are getting from GMB
  5. Hire a Google Trusted Photographer if you have a brick and mortar location
  6. Utilize Google Posts, GMB Products, fill out the "services" section

We're doing all of those currently. I added more context. Sorry for the confusion.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom