Eric Rohrback

Reaction score
This is something I've been thinking about lately which I'm working on revamping for a few sites I play with, so I wanted some additional input from the community. When targeting in on a niche, what are your first steps to understanding their needs? Without understanding the true needs of the customer (potential customer), you can't develop a product strategy to meet those needs. If you can't do that, then you're just regurgitating the same information & services as the competing company down the street.

What good tips do you have to understanding the customers in the market?

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Great Q Eric!!! And really good points too.

I just woke up and brain is not totally on yet, but 2 ideas off the top of my head are:

1) Study forums and communities to see what folks in that industry talk about or see what kind of issues and questions consumers and customers have.

2) Find out what the customers are ASKING ABOUT with FAQ Fox.

Eric Rohrback

Reaction score
I've never heard of FAQ Fox before... This is why I bring up questions on forums like this, I always find a new tool or new way to test :) I'll have to give that a shot - Thanks for the tool tip!

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
I've been meaning to do a post on FAQfox for a long time.

Even gave the story lead to a writer, to do a post for me, but she has not gotten it done. \

Feel free to do a post around it as you experiment with how it works, Eric. :)

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
FYI you two... Finally did my FAQ Fox post. Quoted your great Q Eric.

<a href="http://www.localsearchforum.com/local-content/36595-brilliant-local-content-generation-idea-stimulating-tool.html">✔ Brilliant Local Content Generation Idea Stimulating Tool</a>

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
O The Honda Coronet car cruises at constant speed to accelerate understanding Recycle Bin 0
S GMB/map rankings, could not understand how these got sorted out in the rankings Ranking Puzzles 1
M Understanding the GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 4
bczubiak Understanding Traffic From Blog Articles. Is it helping Locally? Local Content 11
Eric Rohrback How well do prospects understand what you do? Consultant's Corner 3
Tim Sweeney Understanding How Google Maps Formats Street Addresses Along Highways Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Linda Buquet 5 Ways Understanding Differences Between Map Maker & GMB Guidelines Can Help You Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Dustybones Understanding Google and Alphabet Local Search 4
1 Understanding Map markers? Google My Business & Google Maps 21
Dustybones Understanding The Google Answer Box & Knowledge Graph Local Search 0
Dustybones Understanding Google's future of Deep Learning: Whiteboard Friday Local Search 0
djbaxter Conversion Lift: Helping Marketers Better Understand the Impact of Facebook Ads Mobile & Social 0
Dustybones Semantic Search in 1975: Helping us understand SEO today Local Search 0
Dustybones Understanding the Google + Review Filter: Local Visibility System Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Dustybones Understanding the technical side of Google Panda Local Search 2
Dustybones Brightlocal Review Survey helps us understand consumers Local Reviews 2
Dustybones Understanding Semantic Search, Google, and Anchor text Local Search 0
Dustybones MATT CUTTS: Understanding the quality of a webpage that doesn't have links Local Search 2
Linda Buquet Understanding Consumers' Local Search Behavior - Google Infographic Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Dustybones STUDY: Understanding headlines in blog posts that go viral Local Search 0
Dustybones A few things SMB's don't understand about SEO Local Search 0
djbaxter Disavow & Link Removal: Understanding Google Organic SEO 2
Travis Van Slooten An Awesome Resource To Understand Google's Guidelines in Plain English Organic SEO 1
Colan Nielsen Understanding How ATM's and the Like Fit In Google My Business & Google Maps 3
S Trying To Understand G+ and Authorship.... Google Local 101 10
M Help me understand why we can't rank in the top 3? Help & Support for Google Local 4
S Help Me Understand Why I'm not ranking Help & Support for Google Local 16
Simon James Just to check my understanding of the current state of play for multiple locations... Help & Support for Google Local 17
D Keyword Targeting by "Location" vs "Near Me" Organic SEO 8
H For many queries, the home page shows up - not the targetted page Local Search 2
J Geo Target GMB For Realtor Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Gsmithmike The most accurate Tool to show Local Search Result for Geo Targeting keywords? Local SEO Tools & Software 3
djbaxter Testing target bbcode Admin Stuff 1
djbaxter WordPress Sites Targeted in Large-Scale Attacks Websites, Software, and Security 0
W Should multiple nearby hotels target the same area attraction? Recycle Bin 0
DanielTexasLira Should multiple nearby hotels target the same area attraction? Local Search 5
L Spanish Content/Spanish Speaking Target Organic SEO 1
MonicaH SAB moving from primary target location to non-target location - best way to handle GMB? Moving or Name Changes 4
Barb Davids Smart Target Ads that Use GMB Info Google My Business & Google Maps 1
D Is a SBB targeting a town 20 miles away realistic? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
C Multi-Location Keyword Targeting - Looking for Thoughts / Advice Multi-Location Issues 0
chrish Multi-Location Keyword Targeting - Looking for Thoughts / Advice Multi-Location Issues 4
djbaxter Can Paid Search Targeting Brand Keywords Kill Your SEO? Organic SEO 0
elwalker Benefit of Matching Target Search Term for GMB on Key Website Page Google My Business & Google Maps 0
vivekrpatel What Keyword Should I Target? Local Search 2
djbaxter Chrome Extension Attacks Target Site Owners Forum Tech Support 1
G Targeting Medical Practices Consultant's Corner 0
camarchi01 Targeting Service Areas Local Search 5
Garrett Sussman 6 Sites to Target: What's Your Agency's Online Review Strategy? Local Reviews 2
S How do YOU target a primary location where your client is not based? Local Search 0