More threads by Local newbie

Local newbie

Reaction score
If a verified SAB is moving home addresses (bought a new home) in the same county and serving the same areas should they update or change anything with GMB or citations? What are the pros and cons of doing so or not doing anything?

Thanks,

Russ

Russ,

I'd probably just leave it on the GMB side. If the citations actually list a home address, you'd want to update those so that you aren't showing someone else's home address.

Thank you Joy. In your experience does this lower the map/local rankings of the SAB?

If so, how long would the business at the new location be affected/lowered? I’ve heard that location and time at a specific location even for SAB affects map rankings greatly.

Russ,

I'd probably just leave it on the GMB side. If the citations actually list a home address, you'd want to update those so that you aren't showing someone else's home address.

Hi Joy,

What are google’s guidelines in that regards? If a SAB moves, updates the location on their licence but NOT update their GMB? What if this listing gets suspended and the owner had to send a copy of his new license that has been updated to the new location? Any insight would really help as I couldn’t find any info on google.

Thank you.

If you get suspended, your documentation needs to match the address you are currently using on the listing.

If you get suspended, your documentation needs to match the address you are currently using on the listing.

Thanks very much for clarifying that, Joy. In other words, a SAB needs to update its location according to Google’s guidelines if moving to another location. Please correct me if I was wrong.

Thanks a lot again for all your help to the community.

Thank you Joy. So what happens if I was dealing with such a suspension? Will google refuse to reinstate the listing and ask to create a new one or would they ask for re verification?

How do I deal with such a situation? Would you, for example update the address before submitting the reinstatement form in hopes for google to just ask you to re verify rather than refuse the reinstatement?

I’m incredibly thankful to you for sharing your knowledge.

They likely would refuse to reinstate it.

Quick question Joy, let’s say a SAB moves, updates the location on GBP, the location will show to the public after re verification (if that was required). My question is:

- How quickly do you clear the address after re verifying the listing whilst avoiding a suspension?

- How quickly do you clear the address if the new address was accepted without re verification whilst avoiding a suspension?

Thanks heaps, Joy.

Quick question Joy, let’s say a SAB moves, updates the location on GBP, the location will show to the public after re verification (if that was required). My question is:

- How quickly do you clear the address after re verifying the listing whilst avoiding a suspension?

- How quickly do you clear the address if the new address was accepted without re verification whilst avoiding a suspension?

Thanks heaps, Joy.

Any advice?

what if it was not a hybrid listing. If the listing was a SAB only with a cleared address, would you add the new address?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom