More threads by TriciaClements

Reaction score
Here's a scenario I haven't come across before. Is this a problem for Google?

A business has an LLC and a tradename and it has 2 GBPs, one for each.

They operate a separate but different service with separate websites and are getting a 2nd phone number, but do operate out of the same location (SAB).
Is this something Google will consider duplicates and combine them?​

I know you normally get a dba or tradename to just use that, but not seen one where a business uses both the LLC & tradename for separate businesses.

Thanks!

Hi Tricia, Google would almost definitely consider that the same business, offering 2 services, so they should just have the one listing.

The only scenario I could see this working if it was a brick and mortar with distinct entrances and signage and staff when someone shows up.

@Colan Nielsen I'm thinking if she setup a separate LLC for the 2nd business instead of doing a Trade Name, then that would get her what she wants so shoe could have her 2nd GBP since she has a separate website & is getting a separate phone number. Is that correct?

@Colan Nielsen I'm thinking if she setup a separate LLC for the 2nd business instead of doing a Trade Name, then that would get her what she wants so shoe could have her 2nd GBP since she has a separate website & is getting a separate phone number. Is that correct?

If it's the same staff and it's at the same location and it's a service area business I don't see Google being OK with it.

You could always run the scenario by Google to see what they say.

You could always create a thread at the forum. You can share the thread back here and I can escalate it. I am on vacation this week so I might be delayed.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom