More threads by bfrazier

bfrazier

Solutions
Reaction score
I'm at the step in the bulk verification process where I need to resolve just three remaining duplicates in the profile. Google Support is telling me that video verification is the only way to gain access to the original listings. The issues with this are many.
  • This is a university with dozens of unverified locations, most of which are departments with their own locations within the university.
  • When I click on the location from the back end of the GPB account, it doesn't even take me to the proper GBP in the SERPs. Instead, it points to a knowledge graph for the university.
  • Google is telling me "oh don't worry, just do video verification," but these "departments" have professors in offices... not administrative people
    • with time to help with verifications and
    • with access to the GBP account to go through the video verification process.
When I explain this to Google Support, their response is that the video verification method is the only option.

Have any of you run into a similar issue? And were you able to get another option besides video to verify duplicates (or other unverified locations) so you could proceed with your bulk verification efforts? Sigh.

Solution
yes video verification is horrible. Even worse, when your professors and adminstrative assistants try to do the verification, they will likely get a "Video can't be uploaded at this time" error over and over again. To the point where you sometimes have to redo the video 20+ times until it finally goes through.

The best thing for you to do is just send a support request, asking for an appointment for a live video with a google rep.
yes video verification is horrible. Even worse, when your professors and adminstrative assistants try to do the verification, they will likely get a "Video can't be uploaded at this time" error over and over again. To the point where you sometimes have to redo the video 20+ times until it finally goes through.

The best thing for you to do is just send a support request, asking for an appointment for a live video with a google rep.

Solution

Thanks for that feedback, Chad. Very helpful!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom