More threads by Chris Ratchford

Chris Ratchford

Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
My client is a solo practitioner at a single location dental office. I've tried for over four months to get Google to respond to my merge request.

I created an email account tied to the website domain when I contacted Google (via Sign in - Google Accounts) but haven't heard back from Google.

GMB listing:
Peter T. Raven DDS LLC

Dup listing:
Raven Dental

Any idea why this is not being acknowledged by GMB Support?

My client is a solo practitioner at a single location dental office. I've tried for over four months to get Google to respond to my merge request.

I created an email account tied to the website domain when I contacted Google (via Sign in - Google Accounts) but haven't heard back from Google.

GMB listing:
Peter T. Raven DDS LLC

Dup listing:
Raven Dental

Any idea why this is not being acknowledged by GMB Support?

Hi Chris

Are you the owner of both accounts? If you are , what you need to do is un-verify the listing you do not want. If both listings are verified, you will not be able to merge.

PKLilikoi thanks for helping!!! I was told I needed to verify both listings so that Google will merge... not that I don't trust you advice, I'm just a little confused now.

Joy actually did a blog post on it.

Here is a piece from that post.
  • If they are both verified, and you are the owner of both, you need to unverify the listing you want to merge. Google My Business cannot merge 2 verified listings.
  • If they are both verified and you only have ownership of one, you will first need to get ownership of both before they can be merged. To start this process, try and claim the listing you do not have control over and it will prompt you on how you can get control from the existing owner.
  • If only one is verified, go into Google Maps and get the URL for both the verified and the unverified one and write them down (save this somewhere). Reach out to Google My Business and ask them to merge the 2.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom