More threads by KristiSimone

KristiSimone

Reaction score
What are your opinions about voice search directories? Is this something worth doing for clients as part of the local SEO process? I'm interested in getting opinions and feedback. I searched forum topics and could not find any posts about this topic.

Thank you!
Kristi

Hi @KristiSimone! I'm unfamiliar with the specific term "voice search directories". Can you provide some examples? In regards to voice search optimization, it is recommended to have up to date and current information on Yelp for your business, simply due to their relationship with Apple that it might impact Siri searches. Same obviously goes for GBP and "Hey Google" searches. And lastly, Amazon Alexa has been known to use Bing profiles. But in regards to other specific directories that directly impact voice searches, I'm not aware of any.

For local, I would think Google pulls business info for voice search from GBP listings as well as maybe local business websites. So if your goal is to show up for voice searches like "best resteraunts near me" you might want to optimize your website content for that keyword. I read somewhere it's important to write in a "conversational manner" when optimizing for voice search.

Plus make sure your business info is correct and fully fleshed out everywhere online. You never know where a voice search AI is pulling info from, there are so many out there these days. So make sure all places your business info is showing are optimized with full NAP, business hours, website link etc so you give your business the best shot of being found by these voice search AIs.

Hi @KristiSimone! I'm unfamiliar with the specific term "voice search directories". Can you provide some examples? In regards to voice search optimization, it is recommended to have up to date and current information on Yelp for your business, simply due to their relationship with Apple that it might impact Siri searches. Same obviously goes for GBP and "Hey Google" searches. And lastly, Amazon Alexa has been known to use Bing profiles. But in regards to other specific directories that directly impact voice searches, I'm not aware of any.

Hi, Jeff. Yes, I was thinking of general voice search, but we keep getting emails for "voice search directory listing services," which I think are scams. Thank you.

For local, I would think Google pulls business info for voice search from GBP listings as well as maybe local business websites. So if your goal is to show up for voice searches like "best resteraunts near me" you might want to optimize your website content for that keyword. I read somewhere it's important to write in a "conversational manner" when optimizing for voice search.

Plus make sure your business info is correct and fully fleshed out everywhere online. You never know where a voice search AI is pulling info from, there are so many out there these days. So make sure all places your business info is showing are optimized with full NAP, business hours, website link etc so you give your business the best shot of being found by these voice search AIs.

Thanks, Elizabeth!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom