More threads by mattstephenskc

Solutions
Reaction score
I manage digital marketing for a multi-office law firm, and sometimes (often?) attorneys from multiple offices work together on a case (esp. criminal defense). In cases where reviewers name attorneys from different offices, I think it is reasonable and appropriate that they be allowed to post the review on both GBPs. However, I suspect that Google, lacking context, may flag and remove them, which would be terrible.

Can any of you confirm which way they'd go on this? Is my only recourse to have the reviewer change the wording of their review when posting on the other office? Note: A husband and wife BOTH posted reviews on the one location GBP, and the defendant posted one on Yelp. So I would really like to avoid asking them to put much more effort into this if possible.

If the customer actually used attorneys at both offices, they wouldn't be violating any guidelines by reviewing both. It's definitely possible Google might filter the reviews if they think the behavior is odd but based on what I've seen I'd say that's unlikely.

If the customer actually used attorneys at both offices, they wouldn't be violating any guidelines by reviewing both. It's definitely possible Google might filter the reviews if they think the behavior is odd but based on what I've seen I'd say that's unlikely.
Attorneys from two different offices (about 45 minutes apart) collaborated on the case.

I guess my concern is if they posted identical reviews (copied & pasted) on both GBPs. I don’t want to ask them to rewrite them if it’s not necessary.

Definitely don't duplicate them - that is against Google's guidelines.

Yep, don't duplicate them. I did work on a case where Google took action and removed reviews that were posted on multiple locations for one law firm. Google felt this was a violation and refused to reinstate the reviews.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom