More threads by Kepass

Kepass

Reaction score
Hello everyone managing local SEO for restaurants,

I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but recently, the Google menu has become the default option for restaurant listings on the desktop version of the search engine. While desktop searches are a minority, I’m starting to wonder if this change might soon be rolled out on mobile as well.

Does anyone else think that Google might eventually stop considering the menu link on our restaurant websites or other platforms and instead require us to fill out the menu directly on the Google Business Profile page?

Would love to hear your thoughts!

@Kepass - If you consider the "Google As The New Homepage" thinking to be reasonable (i.e. Google's pursuit of zero-click searches), then the idea that Google is going to push to get your menu information on their platform and in a format they can digest (vs. over on some third-party platform) certainly makes sense.

The fact that they recently rolled out AI tools to simplify the process by converting a photo of your menu into a detailed menu further supports that thinking, IMO.

Ha! Glad you found the video helpful. I was actually trying to highlight the section "Create a detailed menu from a menu photo with AI" which describes a new feature where all you have to do is take a photo of your menu and Google does rest!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

LocalU Webinar

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom