More threads by Conor Treacy

Joined
Feb 25, 2014
Messages
597
Solutions
13
Reaction score
492
This one is interesting to me. Someone contacted us because their GBP listing was suspended.

They filed an appeal and submitted their info, etc., and it was denied. They received a Case ID, then contacted us for help. The Case ID is now closed/denied.

Ready for the fun? How do I resolve this? :)

They are a counselor with their name and degrees in the business name. They have an LLC filed and it has their name and degrees and the LLC at the end of it. All good, no issues there.

The problem is that EVERYTHING points to their house, not the office.

Articles of incorporation,
Tax documents,
Business insurance,
etc

They have a lease agreement with the business name and address, and since they are a counselor, they do get checks from insurance companies (which have the business address), but everything else goes to their house.

They don't have any utility bills, as it's all included in the lease.

So they did the video walkthrough, from outside to inside, and they have signage, etc outside and inside the building. The video looks like it passes without a problem, but there are no bills or legal documentation (aside from the lease agreement) that says they're physically at that location.

Any thoughts on how to proceed on this? I guess they've been suspended since March, but only recently noticed. They filed an addressal the other week; that's now closed.
 
Are there any online listings, like on the BBB or on their state's Secretary of State website, that have the business address? If not, can you get those added? This might be a case where they need to switch some official documents to the business address and then you escalate to Google again. It is usually faster to get an online listing updated vs getting a new paper document.

Since they seem to have submitted the second appeal form already, as they have a case ID, you will need to go to the GBP community forum to escalate.

Try to get one or more of their existing docs swapped over to the business address. Then post this whole situation on the GBP community forum and see if a PE can escalate it and request a third review. Do NOT post the business information on the thread - just say you have more now.

If you cannot get any docs swapped to the business address, you can still try the escalation with the lease, business checks, and video/photos. Typically you need more proof than that for a third escalation, but perhaps Google will take another look at the video and then request a reverification over a suspension. Not terribly likely but worth a shot if you absolutely cannot get more docs in the business name.
 
Thanks @ElizabethRule for the reply.

The person has had their account online for 2 years I guess, and lots of indexing including the BBB and other locations. I have them currently trying to shift the LLC to the office so we have better info on hand.

With regards to the appeal, can I issue one if I'm a manager on the account or only the owner of the account can issue? I never had to do that before :)

Also, for the forum post, I'm guessing you're referring to here: https://support.google.com/business/thread/new - is there a particular category I should use?

Verify your business & get started
Update your busienss info on Google
Engage with customers
Policies and guidelines
Manage profiles in bulk & use agency options

I'm guessing it's still a "verify your business" category right?
 
With regards to the appeal, can I issue one if I'm a manager on the account or only the owner of the account can issue? I never had to do that before :)

Anyone with access to the GBP can request an appeal. The first appeal is done with this tool, then if that is denied, an additional appeal can be made using this form. If the client has already submitted a second appeal using their account, you cannot submit another one. It will just get routed to the original second appeal.

Also, Google only provides a case ID with the second appeal, the tool does not provide a case ID.

Also, for the forum post, I'm guessing you're referring to here: https://support.google.com/business/thread/new - is there a particular category I should use?

Yep exactly! use "Verify your business & get started"
 

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

GMBAPI

Our Brands

Back
Top Bottom