More threads by Chris Alphen

Reaction score
An HVAC client bought a laundromat several years ago. He asked for help and recommendations. Among other things I claimed GBP and I'm pretty sure I verified. Now that he finally got around to implementing my suggestions I'm back in GBP where it says I manage the profile but need to verify. The phone # in the listing is correct but when I click the verify button it wants to send the code to a # I don't recognize.

Phone verification is preferable because there are a lot of hoops to jump through if we need to resort to video verification. Any help in solving the phone # problem is appreciated.

I assume the live listing on Google has this number? Something likely changed since you were last managing it. I would ask the client if he changed the phone number and if the listing shows as needing verification for him as well.

Personally I have seen very few phone verifications that aren't immediately followed by a suspension and a video verification anyway. You should also be mindful that historically (I'm not 100% sure this has been fixed because we do a lot fewer of them nowadays) some phone verification would cause the phone number to "lock" and be impossible to change without the help of support.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom