More threads by Bryan

Bryan

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with Yahoo and duplicate listings and best practices for dealing with them? Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey,
I'm new here, and this is my first post. I know this is an old thread but I've been doing some research on removing duplicate local listings. I'm a little stuck with Yahoo Local - is there any other way to get duplicates removed on Yahoo Local if you don't want to sign up via yext(as that's the only way to sign-up any longer, if I'm not mistaken).

I see a lot of users reporting dupes here https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/298488 . Has anyone here gotten duplicates on Yahoo local removed via above forum (or any other way )manually?

Since Yahoo outsourced their local product to Yext, I'm not sure if there is much of a way. I know there was a way to flag the listings in the past, but i'm not sure if that even exists anymore. Honestly I haven't worked with Yahoo in a while because they dropped support for free listings. It's pay to play with them.

Yahoo accepts listings from 3 other sources besides Yext:

• Expressupdate
  • Yellowpages
  • Yelp

Your best bet for the dupes beyond Yext is to correct your information at these three sources and make it uniform. It will not get rid of the duplicates but it will make sure there's no incorrect information across the duplicates.

Also, I would check Google's index to see if they even know about the listings or the duplicates. You might be pleasantly surprised and find that none of the listings are and you get to choose which listing to get in the index. Hint: I would use the one that you can control easiest, probably the one connected to your Yelp account ;)

Yahoo accepts listings from 3 other sources besides Yext:

• Expressupdate
  • Yellowpages
  • Yelp

Your best bet for the dupes beyond Yext is to correct your information at these three sources and make it uniform. It will not get rid of the duplicates but it will make sure there's no incorrect information across the duplicates.

Is this still the best approach to solving this problem now - the problem of Yahoo local listing errors and duplicates?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom