Reaction score
G'day all,

I'm hoping some of you can share your experience with business names containing a lot of periods and commas, as in a name with "Inc."

For example

1) Company Name Co., Inc.

- notice two periods and a comma

2) Company Name, Inc.

3) Company Name Inc

4) Company Name

It has been my experience that periods and commas (and ampersand's come to think of it) don't show up in business names often, so my thoughts are that examples 3 and 4 would be the way to go.

Would you consider it a best practice to avoid anything other than alpha characters in a business name in the G+ Local listing as well as in citations?

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
I'll reply to my own message here LOL

My other thought is that shorter is better, so perhaps with that in mind, "Company Name" is the best option.

Thanks

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
djbaxter Core Web Vitals and the Page Experience Update Google Algorithm Discussions 7
djbaxter Google Page Experience Signals for Ranking Apply Only to Mobile Organic SEO 0
djbaxter Page experience: Now a new Google ranking factor Organic SEO 0
virens Other's experience signing up/starting LSAs from the UK and beyond (now that the UK is in the list) Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
P I need a recommendation of a person implementing Schema.org (vast experience in json-ld and SEO) Local SEO Job Board 4
Chad Fake, Negative Reviews & Reputation Management - A Personal Experience Recycle Bin 0
Ben Walsh Anyone have any experience with GMB briefcase? Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 5
T How has your experience been so far with Google's Redressal Complaint Form? Recycle Bin 2
Chaddow Anyone have experience of using Yandex Business Directory Local Search 18
dave101 Looking for an SEO consultant with experience optimizing IT support companies Local SEO Job Board 1
dave101 Anyone have experience with optimizing IT Support companies? Service Area Businesses 0
kathleen.rhodes Does anyone have experience with eClincher for posting to GMB (and social sites)? Local SEO Tools & Software 1
Michael S. Doran How has your experience been so far with Google's Redressal Complaint Form? Recycle Bin 0
H Any experience with "Goodzer"? Local Search 3
Brian Bender Any experience using BrightEdge for local SEO? Local SEO Tools & Software 0
Tim Colling How has your experience been so far with Google's Redressal Complaint Form? Google My Business & Google Maps 58
Dan Foland Has anyone else experienced low quality user experiences in Google search results lately? Organic SEO 2
R BBB Review Product - Any Experience with this? Local Reviews 5
rosie.brightlocal SMBs: We want to hear your marketing experiences! Local Search 0
Scott Rawlins eGumball Experience? Sorry Scott removed. See inside. Recycle Bin 3
AndiFox The new Abusive Experiences in GSC Google My Business & Google Maps 0
H anyone have experience with facebook multi-location business pages Local Search 2
Jason Rogers Experience with Google Business Websites? Any negatives? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
F Experience with Synup Local SEO Tools & Software 1
Linda Buquet [MODS] Ignore Moderated Posts - Linda experimenting Mod Squad 0
pbarnhart AdWords Express - Need Your Experiences (good and bad) Paid Search and Local Service Ads 7
Linda Buquet 16 SEO Experiments with Surprising Results That Will Change How You Do SEO Organic SEO 2
Marie Haynes Have you experimented with plugins to improve page speed? Organic SEO 21
djbaxter Page Load Speed as a Ranking vs User Experience Factor Organic SEO 2
shondarogers REMOVED - Any experience with Local Splash? Recycle Bin 1
Tim Colling Loganix - any user experiences? Citations 15
D Any experiences with the Google Business View, the 360 degree photo tour of an smb Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Linda Buquet Mobile Local Search: Goldmine, Micro-Moments & Mobile User Experience - Via Rio SEO Mobile & Social 1
Ben Walsh Onsite process to maximize service visibility and improve user experience (mind map) Local Search 3
Dustybones How to completely remove a site from Google: Moz Experiment Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Dustybones Test your websites usability by having a random user record their experience. Local SEO Tools & Software 3
Dustybones Moz shares their experience when launching their new blog Marketing 0
Linda Buquet 10 SEO experiments that will change the way you do SEO Organic SEO 2
RobinOctane Review Badges-Experience? Local Reviews 7
Travis Van Slooten Who Wants More Clients? PPC and Ongoing SEO Experience Required Consultant's Corner 6
Dustybones Semiologic: Anyone have an experience with this wordpress software Local SEO Tools & Software 2
Marie Ysais Any experience with Joomla Websites with Canonical Problems? Local Search 8
Mike Wilton Experience with Thumbtack Leads Local SEO Tools & Software 9
Travis Van Slooten My Observations & Experiences with Google+ Reviews Local Reviews 0
ashley.smith Too many reviews in a short period of time Local Reviews 2
bczubiak Is it Legal To Charge People Automatically For a Service After a Trial -Period? Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 11
W Periods in NAP seen as "stops"? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 8
Weve Got Your Customers Periods in NAP seen as "stops"? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 8