More threads by johnlavapie_SEO

Solutions
Reaction score
This is not a case of "different business in the same location". It's clear spam using one address.

1597680620642.png

Most have their own websites (which is probably why they got away with G's verification) but all with identical content. Even the contact information are the same - same email, same number. And the email has the name of the actual business.

My question is - what is the best way to report this to get the most success? I can patiently report them one by one - but there is no way to really explain why I am reporting them. Should I post it to Google My Business community? Call their support? Redressal?

Thanks in advance for your help.

In this case, I would report them all together and use the Redressal form.

@raellovepie, what @Colan Nielsen said. I'd also report those one-by-one, by doing "Suggest an edit" -> "Remove this place" -> "Spam, fake, or offensive." That edit is most likely to succeed, whereas the "Duplicate of another place" option rarely sticks.

Also, I've sent in a few edits.

@raellovepie, what @Colan Nielsen said. I'd also report those one-by-one, by doing "Suggest an edit" -> "Remove this place" -> "Spam, fake, or offensive." That edit is most likely to succeed, whereas the "Duplicate of another place" option rarely sticks.

Also, I've sent in a few edits.

Wow! I did not know that about "Duplicate of another place". Will do. Thanks, @Phil Rozek !

@raellovepie, just to clarify: I have found that "Duplicate of another place" is not effective, in that Google rarely accepts those edits.

Google also doesn't accept other edits consistently, either, but it's a question of how often. The "Duplicate" option is just unusually shaky.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom