More threads by TriciaClements

Reaction score
Part Rant/Part Question:

I just got off a call with someone who recently used Google's paid support. I remember hearing about it a while back, but didn't really look into it.

I really thought she was dealing with a scammer, but she did a screen share and showed she used the "Support" link right in the GBP dashboard.
  • She took them up on the $39.95 1-on-1 Google Support (Not 100% on the price, could have been $29.95)
  • She had 2 profiles and she wanted to delete the duplicate.
  • Unfortunately, she didn't clarify which one she wanted deleted
  • Support didn't ask which one and removed the good profile with tons of pics, etc. and left her with the empty unverified profile.
  • Google Support then just said there was nothing to do to get the profile back.
🤯🤯

I wish she had reached out to me first, I would have definitely saved her from this nightmare situation. I know I've heard that there is no way of getting these deleted profiles back, I'm assuming that is still the case.

Has anyone else used their paid support? I couldn't find information on it. Does anyone have a link for more info?

I am definitely going to specifically tell people NOT to use it, especially if they don't understand how GBP works they can end up worse than when they started.

Solution
Yea they are not supposed to do things like that, and they are horrible! The advisors are supposed to only tell you about products that can help you. I had someone try and get reinstated and they called them and lost the profile.
I have NEVER seen a option to pay after clicking any support button on a GBP listing or any GBP support page. I would love to see some screenshots or even better a video showing the person clicking support from a Google owned domain, and getting a option to pay. I just can't believe that's a thing

That was my thought too Elizabeth. But I do remember a while back hearing about Google starting to offer some type of Paid Support option. But now I can't remember anything else about it.

She also didn't randomly click o a site, she accessed them through her GBP dashboard. When we were on zoom, she showed me how she accessed support and it was correct. 🤷‍♀️

This is the worst “service” Google offers. If you ask the questions about improving your rankings or performance they say to get more reviews. I set up an old $2.99 a minute number to ask me random questions and tell you to get more reviews.

Thank you @keyserholiday I knew I remembered hearing about the service, but for a minute I thought I lost my mind since I couldn't find it.

From the site:

1680207566417.png
RUN!!!!!

Yea they are not supposed to do things like that, and they are horrible! The advisors are supposed to only tell you about products that can help you. I had someone try and get reinstated and they called them and lost the profile.

Solution

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom