More threads by Caroline S

Caroline S

Reaction score
I've been trying to take down this group of spam listings in Massachusets for several months now.

Ultimate Chimney Sweep Ma

We've submitted 3 different redressal forms and several edits all to no avail.

Here's a spreadsheet I've submitted in a redressal that lists all the listings as well as my evidence: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1u6Crv3XkuyixQ3o7ONEIMH1DGSVqufU31CWjSjyDww4/edit?usp=sharing

All of the listings above belong to the same business and are all located within a 2-hour drive of each other. Many of these listings' service areas overlap, and multiple of them show up when you search for a chimney sweep in any of their service areas.

For instance, if you do a search for "Chimney Sweep Scituate MA" 4 of the listings that come up are Ultimate Chimney listings Chimney sweep near scituate ma

Because of the services that this business provides (chimney sweeping and repair services) they are a service area business. According to Google's guidelines, "If your business doesn’t have a storefront with clear signage but travels to customers at their physical locations, you’re allowed one service-area Business Profile." - https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177

Only one of their listings has an address listed, and the rest are duplicates. I've explained that they are violating these parts of the guidelines in redressals but nothing has happened.

I submitted my latest redressal about a month ago, but nothing has happened. Am I missing something here? Can I get this escalated in some way?

@Caroline S, that's a black-and-white case, all right. Not much else you can do, though I have sent in some edits, which work out maybe 50% of the time.

Caroline,

Do you have the case IDs from all the reports you've sent in?

Caroline,

Can you post a thread on the GMB forum (Sign in - Google Accounts) and DM me the link to the thread? I'd be happy to send it to Google for you. Please include those dates & case IDs.

Solution
Unsolicited update: 4 edits stuck.

2020-12-11_2-13-34.png

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom