omer

Reaction score
We have a business with 2 locations in the same city. Do you think there is any problem to use 2 different domains for each location? just for clarification the 2 websites will be under the same name but apart from that, everything else will be different, different phone different address different content .
And if you think there is no problem with that i would like to know if i can use the same Facebook page and google+ page in both websites.

mborgelt

Reaction score
You should be good on the two domains the only thing to keep in mind is that it may be difficult to establish authority for 2 different domains as opposed to one domain with service pages. AS for Facebook and Google+, these are not only major citations but also huge chunks of your online presence. Ideally you would want one profile for each so that way the branding stays consistent, citations stay consistent and one locations won't step on the toes of the other locations (bad reviews, etc). Just my 2 cents but very curious what the rest of the community has to say. There has been a lot of EMD research on here lately that you should definitely take a look at if you haven't chosen domain names yet. Here is a good start: http://www.localsearchforum.com/organic-seo/42102-do-exact-match-domains-still-work.html

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Depending on the size of the city you could be creating more competition for yourself. If it's a big city or competitive industry, I'd advise putting both locations on the same domain so you can get twice as many backlinks (one per citation per location).

omer

Reaction score
Thank you guys i"ll take your advice. Unless someone else want to share is advice.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
H Two GMB Locations One Website = Two DNS Domains? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Gsmithmike Sub Domain or Sub Category for Location pages? Local Search 1
G Location in Business Name or Domain Google My Business & Google Maps 2
seoWest Location specific domains instead of call tracking? Local Search 0
Michael Charvet Domain Name for Associated Business at Same Location? Local Search 4
D A client has 3 verified GMB's across 2 states,with service pages for each location. Should service pages have only their respective locations address? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 1
djbaxter Webinar GMB Best Practices for Multi-Location Sites: Live Webinar April 14, 2021 Events 0
W Located in issues NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
greenworld_ Adding a new location extension for a separate GMB listing Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
Paul Gregory Google Maps default location bias distance and the Google Maps Places API Google Algorithm Discussions 2
RobertCarnitas GMB Spam for 'Located In' business - Does it affect the GMB listing for the business that is located inside it? Spam on Google 3
J Same Location, Same Owners, Still a Restaurant, Total Rebrand Local Search 3
cleverlyengaged Advice on Landmarks/POI/Unclaimed Google Map Locations? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Jen Currier Would you set up an Architect client with a Hybrid/SAB GMB listing if the location was residential? Service Area Businesses 2
J Downloading location for SAB coming up blank Service Area Businesses 5
dateinadash SAB location no longer appears next to my business Service Area Businesses 1
walkities Multi Location Using Same Phone Number? Local Search 2
L How to reset the address that has been hidden on GMB, if they move locations? Local Search 1
dateinadash This location has been suspended due to quality issues - going round in circles! Please help? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Colan Nielsen NEW Free Apple Listing Management For Brands With 20+ Locations LSF News and Announcements 0
U Google showing location of Service Area Business Service Area Businesses 2
lincolnchan What to do when one business acquires another and moves into their location? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
B Compare/Contrast different GMB location's data? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Jason_Parks1 Moving Locations Google My Business & Google Maps 4
jpayne7 Business Moved Before GMB Verification (Postcard is Being Sent to Old Location) Moving or Name Changes 7
Wary Goose GMB Messaging now enabled by default for new locations? Google News: Important Changes & Features 1
Mmclean07 Locations Stuck In Processing? Multi-Location Issues 1
J Changing phone number on individual location GMBs NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
P Add locations to a bulk verified account as a manager - is it possible? Multi-Location Issues 2
sixthcitysarah Specific location search shows results for other franchise location Multi-Location Issues 6
AdvoAd How to best handle 10+ locations on website Websites, Software, and Security 4
hajnasiewicz In Store Shopping is deselected for most locations! NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 1
D Keyword Targeting by "Location" vs "Near Me" Organic SEO 8
A Multiple service based locations in different provinces with one physical address Multi-Location Issues 1
Ross Barefoot Locations vs. Businesses on GMB Left Navbar Google My Business & Google Maps 4
H Issues with downloading locations - bulk verified account Google My Business & Google Maps 2
H Practitioner Listings at Multiple Business Locations Multi-Location Issues 1
N My Business in Multiple Locations leaving me with 3 unanswered questions Multi-Location Issues 2
Greg Bernhardt Bulk verification help, locations in group, no Chain option Multi-Location Issues 1
Geeman What to do about a GMB that continuously adds the location to their name? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
JoyHawkins Implemented Location of Bump Button Suggestions for the Local Search Forum 5
A Will adding a secondary category that requires a physical location trigger re-verification for main service based category? Local Search 1
petrakraft Wrong location of an address in Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 6
ForwardMotion Multiple Practitioners at One Office Location Questions Google My Business & Google Maps 2
ladykal Is this bad practice? Multiple location landing pages but 1 office location Organic SEO 5
david.victor Hybrid Business: SAB w/Physical Location Service Area Businesses 6
N Local services Ad Approach for Businesses with Multiple locations on one GMB Account Paid Search and Local Service Ads 4
Ben Walsh Is this still the ideal site structure for multi location businesses Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
Michael S. Doran Multiple Locations Best Practices Local Search 3
Brittany Barkes Merging GMB Location With Bad Reviews Google Duplicates & Merges 2